Quantcast
Dry January - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Rico1304

Dry January

Some people on my Facebook are talking as though it is a massive challenge. Its massively attention seeking.

I have people on my Facebook who I swear do activities for attention not charity

I've just had a few pints with an old mate, we used to hammer it. Proper hammer it, 90's in Manchester - work the rest out.

To be honest when I started dry January it was fucking hard. Now it's almost a pleasure.

you used to rim him in french? 

Yeah similar. I drink for the taste now too or when it's warm rather than as simply part of a night out, there's still few things better than a cold bottle of suds on a hot day.

That's true, that's why I like real ale/craft beer so much. Can't beat a tasty pale ale on a warm day.

A lot of people drink socially, doesn't mean you have to go out and get totally fucked every weekend. It seems to be the best way to meet attractive, interesting people.

That's true, that's why I like real ale/craft beer so much. Can't beat a tasty pale ale on a warm day.

Real ale tastes like drinking milk through a sweaty sock.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You only get a taste of real ale when you have an epipheny that for years you've wasted money travelling to different pubs only to have exactly the same drink.

Done two days so far, not bloody sleeping and feeling terrible - and they say this is good for you?!

Alcohol is a depressant so it reduces brain activity. When you stop drinking your brain 'wakes up' so you have increased brain activity and less sedative, so you can't sleep. Wait until about Monday when you will feel like going to bed at about 9 o'clock and sleeping for 12 hours. Then after about ten days you'll feel great.

I am starting back in the gym later on, so I will sleep like a log tonight.

• Upvote 1

Done two days so far, not bloody sleeping and feeling terrible - and they say this is good for you?!

Think of it as 4 weekends:

First weekend is usually not too bad as you've been hammering it over Xmas

Second weekend is tough as you feel great after 10-14 days of no booze and good sleep

Third weekend you should think "well I've come this far"

Forth weekend you nigh even feel guilty about having a beer.

• Upvote 1

Shit day. Quite fancy a pint right about now. What a stupid fucking idea this was.

Well just have one then. Pubs need the trade in Jan. all this noisy sacrifice gets right on my tits.

• Upvote 1

I got so drunk on friday night that yesterday was a write off, slept till about 5/6 (on and off) and then went to bad last night earlyish and just tossed and turned all through the night. I'm having a bit of time off it, not because it is January but because I fucking need it. 

I slept for 12 hours last night. Just been for a carvery and a pint (of lime and soda) and I'm ready for bed again.  I tend to drink like a diabetic eats - little and often! So I notice a difference straight away. I am now in sleepy phase.

I think this time will be a lifestyle change for me. I'm not going to give up drinking, but it's going to become a lot less common.

Saw this on FB earlier;

All the gym bunnies moaning about newbies spoiling their workouts in January. We didn't moan when you used our pubs in December.

• Upvote 5