You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dry January

Rico1304

Had a bit of a rough time to say the least from around crimbo up until just after February had started, it was kind of stupid really. So I decided to try giving it a decent break, and am a few days off not touching anything for a month. I'd usually feel really glad I managed it, but I had to, the way this year started was mental and I needed a rest from it.

Had a bit of a rough time to say the least from around crimbo up until just after February had started, it was kind of stupid really. So I decided to try giving it a decent break, and am a few days off not touching anything for a month. I'd usually feel really glad I managed it, but I had to, the way this year started was mental and I needed a rest from it.

Nice one, have you started sleeping better? I get 9 hours at least every night now.

Went two or three weeks at the start of the year without really drinking at all. Think I had an occasional glass of wine and the odd pint once or twice. Wasn't Dry January or anything like that, just wanted a bit of a break from it after Christmas which is usually pretty heavy. Absolutely amazed at how sharp and full of energy I felt from about day ten of not boozing. Genuinely felt about 5% sharper.

In a way, I'd love to pretty much bin it off completely save for the odd Stag Do or night out. Problem is, certainly in the winter, there's fuck all else to do of a weekend apart from go and have a couple of beers. Which inevitable turn into more than a couple.

Nice one, have you started sleeping better? I get 9 hours at least every night now.

A little, yeah. I've had sleeping problems ever since I was a kid though (I don't like sleeping and never really have done.) so it'll take quite a while before I start actually solving that one I think, if I ever do. I don't think I'll be the type of person that ever gets 9 hours a night or so though, my sleeping patterns are often messed up, or at least kind of random.

Went two or three weeks at the start of the year without really drinking at all. Think I had an occasional glass of wine and the odd pint once or twice. Wasn't Dry January or anything like that, just wanted a bit of a break from it after Christmas which is usually pretty heavy. Absolutely amazed at how sharp and full of energy I felt from about day ten of not boozing. Genuinely felt about 5% sharper.

In a way, I'd love to pretty much bin it off completely save for the odd Stag Do or night out. Problem is, certainly in the winter, there's fuck all else to do of a weekend apart from go and have a couple of beers. Which inevitable turn into more than a couple.

Disappointing. I'd pictured you drinking mead from a horn, or quaffing wine from a flagon. Whilst singing songs about gold, ships and sea monsters.

I always feel super down after a good scoop these days so I'm cutting right down. I also struggled to keep it up with this lass on two separate occasions.. though in my defence the first time she kept making me stop and I also felt like I was going to throw up.. the second time I couldn't even walk never mind fuck. 

Oh well, she wasnt' that fit and she bought most of the drinks. Who's the real loser here?