You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dry January

Rico1304

The funniest thing about the whole 'new year new me' bollocks is that there's a whole industry that's grown up around getting the body beautiful while still being a lazy bastard.

Do the 'No Carbs Tuesday Diet', eat what you want the rest of the week and lose half a stone by 2018.

Go to the gym in your Christmas Converse, have a fruit juice then stand on that machine that makes your arse wobble for five minutes, it burns as many calories as doing the Berlin Marathon, it must be true because Big Brenda told you so.

• Upvote 2

The funniest thing about the whole 'new year new me' bollocks is that there's a whole industry that's grown up around getting the body beautiful while still being a lazy bastard.

Do the 'No Carbs Tuesday Diet', eat what you want the rest of the week and lose half a stone by 2018.

Go to the gym in your Christmas Converse, have a fruit juice then stand on that machine that makes your arse wobble for five minutes, it burns as many calories as doing the Berlin Marathon, it must be true because Big Brenda told you so.

People want things easily, so if there is an hint of a quick fix that has been branded well, people will fall for it, when in fact there is no such thing. If there was most of the population would look like extras out of Baywatch.

There is a fatty I know who after reading a Herbal Life handout is now a nutritional expert. She dropped the first shed load of weight quickly due to her size but now it is getting harder she is really struggling, e cig has been lashed and back smoking. Just waiting for a full failure now.

There's a girl I work with that is out on the piss every weekend and she has a few at home in the week. She's always out til the end of the night then goes and gets loads of Maccies. She hardly ever goes to the gym, but she eats salads and shit in work and expects that to make her thin, when she actually waits for somebody else to go down two flights of stairs so she doesn't have to get off her arse and take a jobsheet.

Slept better last night although really wanted a drink last night with the evening meal but managed to get through.  Another bigger will be watching a certain sporting event tonight, if I can get through that without having a drink I think I'll be well on my way.

Think this is the longest I've not had a drink for in about two years!