You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is YOUR most hated Liverpool player?

Boss

Who is YOUR most hated Liverpool player of all time?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who is YOUR most hated person associated with LFC?

• Michael Owen
    • Graham Souness
    • El Hajj Diouf
    • Stan Collymore
    • Paul Stewart
    • Joe Cole
    • Paul Ince
    • Paul Konchesky
    • Fernando Torres
    • Stewart Downing
    • Charles Itange
    • Andy Carroll
    • Razor Ruddock
    • David James
    • Javier Mascherano
    • Julian Dicks
    • Other

Used to hate Milan Jovanovic during the short time he was here. Was shit, lazy as fuck and yet seemed to have a high opinion of himself, not to mention he's been bad-mouthing the club since advising players not to sign for us.

Good shout on Jovanovic. Cole did the same thing, actively tapping Hazard up at Lille for Chelsea whilst we paid his wages. 

• Upvote 1

David James

Neil Ruddock

Bruno Cheyrou

I have to separate David James the person (seems a half-decent lad, and I used to really like his Observer column) with the player (space-head waster who cost us a title, and who had no self awareness whatsoever).

Why is Masch on that list? My personal fave is Michael Owen. Worracunt. Despite us giving him the platform to ply his trade all he was concerned about was England. Every fucking interview after every fucking injury it was all about England. Then to leave us in the lurch at the last minute of the 2004/05 pre-season and then later on join Man Utd, aargh!! He's the one snide snivelling little cuntface that really deserves some ire. The cunt.

• Upvote 3

It's Owen. Selfish little prick with no loyalty to anyone but himself. Trying to convince people that he had a career after us when he did nothing. Hated him toward the end of the time he was with us as well. We designed a team around him and the abilities that he had lost for nearly two years

And he manages to be the worst pundit in an industry where Townsend gets regular work. I'd like to burn him on a bonfire of his own publicity brochures

Life is short. Footy is just a hobby/interest. I support LFC. I go to the match. I don't invest any time hating. I don't even hate the mancs or Everton players or their fans.

I like to go the game and enjoy the football. I find that I can even enjoy it when we are in a trough - in terms of performance. There is always something to enjoy on matchday.

I am happy to point out a players limitations - but I don't hate him for it.

The people I have little respect for in football are the ones who put little into football but cream off huge amounts of cash from the game (at least the players invest their health/wellbeing for huge amounts of cash). The people I mean are the agents. lawyers, and the governing bodies to an extent. But I don't even hate these people.

It's too late for me to apologize for being sanctimonious - maybe its my age.

• Upvote 2

Of the top of my head Fernando Torres. The cunt lead us to believe he was truly world class and had us thinking we would win the league with him. In truth he was shit apart from when he was impressing his future employers and a money hungry mercenary!

Torres was world class, albeit fleetingly. He was the best number nine on the planet for a year, obviously that coincided with Gerrard being excellent, the two struck up some sort psychic bond on the field. He did have a genuine affinity for the club, he just made a bad decision.

I used to hate Torres for not giving Kenny a chance, I've pitied him for a while now though. Hope he rediscovers his love for the game at Atletico.

• Upvote 1

Paul Stewart.

That game vs the Mancs in 92/93 season. He went down "injured" in our half while we were attacking.

Ball breaks to the Mancs, he's playing everyone inside, when he could have just rolled or hobbled off the pitch. They go on to score and win the game.

Aged about 14/15 it was the moment I actually realised the truth that there were blokes wearing the shirt who gave considerably less of a fuck about it than me. I think it actually changed my perception of footballers and our club.

You cunt Stewart

Paul Stewart.

That game vs the Mancs in 92/93 season. He went down "injured" in our half while we were attacking.

Ball breaks to the Mancs, he's playing everyone inside, when he could have just rolled or hobbled off the pitch. They go on to score and win the game.

Aged about 14/15 it was the moment I actually realised the truth that there were blokes wearing the shirt who gave considerably less of a fuck about it than me. I think it actually changed my perception of footballers and our club.

You cunt Stewart

Ah, the people on here claiming the current side is the worst in living memory (as someone did yesterday) can ble glad they are as young as they are!

• Upvote 1