You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good Carveries

Section_31

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

I’d like to see what @Numero Veinticinco thinks of a carvery? This is a man who doesn’t like gravy on his chips so I’d imagine he won’t have potatoes on his carvery or some other similar depravity.

All in on carvery. No idea why somebody shit in a pot on the right hand side of your picture though. 

• 3 years later...

Back in Lymewood. Greatest carvery going. Got a cheese, potato and onion pie on my carvery. Superb. 

Also, is there anything more annoying than staff in a restaurant coming up to your table and asking you if everything is ok just as you’ve taken a huge mouthful of food? Fuck the fuck off you cunts. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Back in Lymewood. Greatest carvery going. Got a cheese, potato and onion pie on my carvery. Superb. 

Also, is there anything more annoying than staff in a restaurant coming up to your table and asking you if everything is ok just as you’ve taken a huge mouthful of food? Fuck the fuck off you cunts. 

That place does look really nice to be fair. I generally won't have a sweet, but the base on that cheesecake looks pretty spot on. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

That place does look really nice to be fair. I generally won't have a sweet, but the base on that cheesecake looks pretty spot on. 

Much too full to eat a desert now but they’ll box it up for you to take away. Only problem is managing to eat it without my daughter seeing and taking her cut. 

10 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Much too full to eat a desert now but they’ll box it up for you to take away. Only problem is managing to eat it without my daughter seeing and taking her cut. 

There's this video blogger I watch. I got into it when I was thinking of getting a motorbike, and this guy rides all over the country and generally stops at a nice cafe or a carvery or something. He's an older fella, got to be 50-55, something like that, but he went to Teneriffe or something this week and did a vlog yesterday. He has pie and chips that looked so fucking good that I had to pop out and get an M&S Steak pie. I'll see if I can find it now. Now I'm going to have to get a cheesecake. 

5 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Then our collective mums could say… ‘you pea’d on the table’. 

And not for the first time.

Not long after I met Mrs HL, being the smooth bastard I was I took her to a Berni for a scran.

Steak, chips and garden peas, most of which ended up on the table and floor.

Always been the same.

• Upvote 1