Quantcast
Favourite match related songs - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bouncebrigade

Favourite match related songs

Not sure if there's a thread for this already.

I always loved:

He's Scouse

He's sound

He'll twat ya with a pound

Carragher, Carragher

He's Scouse

He's sound

He can't get in the ground

Carra's Dad, Carra's Dad

'Poor Scouser Tommy' for me (Clive).

What a great football song.

YNWA still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up after all these years but Poor Scouser Tommy is a great rousing football song. Better than any other current song to get the troops (pardon the pun) going.

Back when Sheringham went to United, in his first season they won nowt, and the Spurs fans used to sing:

Woah, Teddy, Teddy

He went to Man United

And he won fuck all

The following year they won the treble, and the Spurs fans started to sing:

Woah, Teddy, Teddy

He went to Man United

And he's still a cunt

Just tickles me as to the resourcefully moronic nature of a lot of football chanting, and the general spirit of tribal malevolence behind it.  I'm often happy to be a party to that goading.

• Upvote 2

More of a chant than a song, but when I used to go to the match regularly about ten years ago I always used to hear "Attack, attack...attack attack attack" at every game. Now I only get to about one or two games a year but I haven't heard it for ages. We certainly could have used it recently...anybody heard it?

near the end of the Basle match the 'attack' one made a reappearance. It's a quality retro chant, should be aired more, reminds me of the standing kop. Like the great 'come on you mighty reds' it gets an airing at special euro games only it would seem these days.

I liked it when a cat ran on the pitch and the kop chanted 'a cat a cat...a cat a cat a cat'.

• Upvote 2

YNWA still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up after all these years but Poor Scouser Tommy is a great rousing football song. Better than any other current song to get the troops (pardon the pun) going.

It's a great song but rarely sung well at the match these days, either too fast or not enough people who know the words properly and it descends into a bit of a mess and gets broken up.

I also hate that 'up the bum' shout that has crept in more down the years.

The Torres one, the Maxi one, and poetry in motion last year was fantastic. Remember a few funny short lived ones, What's the Story Kolo Toure and that martin skrtel one to the tune of barbra streisand.

Liverbird upon my chest by far our best song but remembering all the words/getting verses in the right order after a few drinks can be a mission. The blaydon races is a good one only ever hear it at the odd away, used to like the old Lucas song to the tune of love is in the air when everyone used to think Lucas was shit.