You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chromecast question

I use Avia for Showbox and BubbleUPNP for HD Cinema. If anyone wants a link to HD Cinema I can point you in the right direction if you PM me. It has more of the new films than Showbox such as Foxcatcher and Dumb & Dumber To which aren't on Showbox yet.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok chaps.I have just upgraded to fibre broadband so I bought a google chromecast. I have a nexus 5 phone.What is the best/easiest way to1:Stream movies and TV programmes to my TV2:Stream footie to my TVCHeers

Download showbox (Google the app) download Localhost through the playstore. Select a movie and unpick internal player and then choose Localhost to play the movies and it will cast to your telly.

Mobdros quality is hit and miss as well.

I am now using this and casting Mobdro and BBCiplayer from my nexus 5.

The quality on my tv is terrible. What am I doing wrong?

I found this when looking into chromecast. Might help?

You must first download the Google Cast extension for the Chrome browser. Once it's installed, click on the Cast icon in your browser bar and select Options. A page will open with a few settings you can adjust such as tab casting quality. Simply select from Standard (480p), High (720p), or Extreme (720p high bitrate). Extreme is for people with newer computers and speedy Wi-Fi.

Similarly, you can also adjust the streaming quality for anything you want to cast. While casting, go to the Cast icon in your browser bar and select the gear icon in the bottom left-hand corner. You will again see options for Standard (480p), High (720p), or Extreme (720p high bitrate).

I found this when looking into chromecast. Might help?

You must first download the Google Cast extension for the Chrome browser. Once it's installed, click on the Cast icon in your browser bar and select Options. A page will open with a few settings you can adjust such as tab casting quality. Simply select from Standard (480p), High (720p), or Extreme (720p high bitrate). Extreme is for people with newer computers and speedy Wi-Fi.

Similarly, you can also adjust the streaming quality for anything you want to cast. While casting, go to the Cast icon in your browser bar and select the gear icon in the bottom left-hand corner. You will again see options for Standard (480p), High (720p), or Extreme (720p high bitrate).

I cannot seem to find anyone of that in th google Cast app on my phone?

Download showbox (Google the app) download Localhost through the playstore. Select a movie and unpick internal player and then choose Localhost to play the movies and it will cast to your telly.

Mobdros quality is hit and miss as well.

I cannot find any app called localhost in the playstore. The app it come sup with is AndroPhP

I cannot find any app called localhost in the playstore. The app it come sup with is AndroPhP

Think he means Localcast. I had it working well with Show Box. There is also BubbleUPnP which seems to be preferred by some.

Alternatives for Show Box include Popcorn Time and TV Portal. None of these are on Playstore but can be found on Google or on the Aptoide app.

The Chromecast app seems to vary according to which device you use. On my Oneplus I can just cast the screen and it works great with the likes of XBMC. On my Mum's Nexus tablet (older one) it can do this but the picture is sometimes a bit blocky.

TV portal might be blocked in the UK. I am sure I unlocked mine with a password as well to enable chromecast and remove ads but I can't remember what it was. Don't worry about it though as Showbox and Popcorn Time seem to have way more content.

No idea what is good for footy. I have only used the app from a paid streaming site I use and cast the whole screen. I use XBMC usually.

Mine was 28 quid for the year and has all the footy and boxing but it is full and they don't seem to be taking anybody up on their other site either. The other sites (that I have not tried personally) seem to be around a tenner a month. They may have other sports as well but I am not arsed about them.

There is an addon for XBMC called NBC Sports Live Extra which has all the Premier League footy for free but you need to have a US IP address for it to work. I would try that with a free trial from the likes of unblock us first. https://www.unblock-us.com. You could try the free ones as well but not sure zenmate would work if it is not through the browser.

• 4 weeks later...