You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bring on your Manchester United....Sunday, 14 December 2014.

Nelly-Szoboszlai

This is game will allow me to reminisce... back to the days when I used to play Sunday leagues on the pitches down Lambeth Road opposite the BAT building. 2 pub teams battling it out on a Sunday.  Some of them trying to keep their ale down from the previous night.  Homer referee.  Each team with its fair share of cloggers.  Hapless defending.  No pace up front.  It's all coming back...

This is game will allow me to reminisce... back to the days when I used to play Sunday leagues on the pitches down Lambeth Road opposite the BAT building. 2 pub teams battling it out on a Sunday.  Some of them trying to keep their ale down from the previous night.  Homer referee.  Each team with its fair share of cloggers.  Hapless defending.  No pace up front.  It's all coming back...

One of pub teams has a few ringers up front, unfortunately.

Lambert vs falcao rooney and van pervert

Gerrard vs di maria the ex chelshit ponderor and Januskwit

They have a bit more going forward a confident keeper and a moderately organised defence made up of shitter defenders than us but more than the sum of their parts.

I expect these factors to consign us to defeat. More match winners and more solid at the back. Basically.

I take hope from the fact that the last 5 they've won, they could've easily lost or drawn a high fraction of these games too.

Crystal Palace, 1-0. Palace missed a few easy chances. Mata scores with a fortuitous goal, largely down to poor keeping.

Hull. We'll give them that one.

Stoke. De Gea bailed them out, and I believe Stoke had a couple cleared off the line. Held on for a win.

Arsenal. By a mixture of good keeping and abject finishing, perennial bottlers Arsenal conspired to lose a game 0-2 in which they should've easily been 3 or 4 up by half time.

Southampton. United created next to nothing. They were proper keystone cops material trying to pass it out from the back. United were gifted the first goal, and the keeper should save the winner. A fortuitous win from a distinctly average performance.

Granted, it's all ifs and buts, but the underlying constant in these games is that they're playing poorly, gifting teams chances and having to rely on a keeper or poor opposition finishing to get anything.

We're playing poorly too, but I don't see this game as a write off at all. I'd like us to be positive, tactically, not just settling for a draw, as I think they'll give us a chance or five to punish them.

We just need to take them.

We just need to stop pissing about on the edge of our own box. Half our problems come about because we insist in playing the 'after you claude. No, after you' game at the back.

I still cant get my head around many players in our team not shouting for the ball. How many times have we seen two players going for the same ball? Perhaps that in itself is a sign of anxiety in the team? Open yer fucking gobs for christ sake and shout!

Im hoping we can eek out a draw but am not too confident but its time the players got some backbone and started giving more than they are. Same goes for the manager and his staff.

Granted, it's all ifs and buts, but the underlying constant in these games is that they're playing poorly, gifting teams chances and having to rely on a keeper or poor opposition finishing to get anything.

Nobody is better at poor finishing than us as the moment.

2-0 to the twats.

Play a forward from one of the youth teams. Let's have some energy eh, some fucker bursting his lungs play an under fucking 8 if we have to. No more of this static slow lethargic shite. A player who will run into space drag defenders away have a bit of pace. Let's not persist with the same shitty non scoring adventure / ordeal we have witnessed time and time again. It's not working recognise it doesn't work for fucks sake recognise rodgers fucking recognise. Fuck off.

• Upvote 2

Play a forward from one of the youth teams. Let's have some energy eh, some fucker bursting his lungs play an under fucking 8 if we have to. No more of this static slow lethargic shite. A player who will run into space drag defenders away have a bit of pace. Let's not persist with the same shitty non scoring adventure / ordeal we have witnessed time and time again. It's not working recognise it doesn't work for fucks sake recognise rodgers fucking recognise. Fuck off.

Repped for the beautiful use of 'fuck off' at the end there.

Borini.jpg

"This shit, this shit I can do."

Apart from everything else, the way he has treated Borini has gone a long way towards making me think Rodgers has acted like a peevish fucking cunt. Unless there's some compelling explanation, that has managed to be kept secret, he put himself and his ego before that of the team.

Not even on the fucking bench in a must win CL time, but Lallana, who has 2 fractured ribs was?

Fuck off.

• Upvote 1

Apart from everything else, the way he has treated Borini has gone a long way towards making me think Rodgers has acted like a peevish fucking cunt. Unless there's some compelling explanation, that has managed to be kept secret, he put himself and his ego before that of the team.

Not even on the fucking bench in a must win CL time, but Lallana, who has 2 fractured ribs was?

Fuck off.

I assume it's some silliness about trying to freeze him out to pull in some cash in January for a new striker?

A Plan A that didn't exactly work last summer when Sunderland wanted him. I reckon he'll stay put out of spite.