You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bring on your Manchester United....Sunday, 14 December 2014.

Nelly-Szoboszlai

think we might see 3 at the back for this one.

sakho is back, toure injured. lovren and moreno not trusted in a back 4. lucas looked fucked the other night. henderson looked fucked. allen cant play 2 games in a row by the looks of it. sterling will have to be rested at some stage.

mignolet

skrtel lovren sakho

johnson gerrard can moreno

lallana

markovic sterling/borini

think we might see 3 at the back for this one.

sakho is back, toure injured. lovren and moreno not trusted in a back 4. lucas looked fucked the other night. henderson looked fucked. allen cant play 2 games in a row by the looks of it. sterling will have to be rested at some stage.

mignolet

skrtel lovren sakho

johnson gerrard can moreno

lallana

markovic sterling/borini

I'd go with that apart from taking Johnson out for Manquillo and Borini for Lambert. I'd play Sterling over Markovic and all. 

Sniper-Elite-3-5.jpg

We are the worst team in sporting history. Marine FC are better than us, we are that bad. In fact, I'd champion swapping places with Marine with immediate effect, but I think we would probably get relegated from the Northern Premier League.

sunderland-and-belgium-goalkeeper-simon-

"Shit. Tony is on to me."

As bad as we are, the Mancs aren't much better. They have a matchwinner in goal though, and even if van Persie and Rooney have regressed, they are still pretty good when presented clear chances. I don't really fancy us to win due to our lack of striking options, but I'm pretty certain we won't get battered (as they haven't done that to anyone else bar QPR when they were at their worst). 

They are really poor in midfield, and personally I'd look to exploit that by playing all of our quick-footed and skillful players to pressure them into making mistakes, as well as retaining possession a bit better.

I'd go:

---------------------Mignolet----------------------

----Manquillo---Skrtel---Sakho---Moreno---

-----------------------Lucas-----------------------

---------------Can----------Allen-----------------

---------Coutinho----Sterling------Lallana----

Possibly Borini for one of Can/Allen, with Coutinho dropping into midfield, but as Borini is not even making the bench these days, that's hardly going to be done...

I don't get the sudden love-in with DeGea, he is just a younger version of Mignolet, in that he is a good shot-stopper with no physical presence.

Agreed

Don't know why people are slitting their wrists over the mancs, they're not much better than us and extremely unbalanced.

I agree that they are unbalanced, and that their defence is nearly as shite as ours is. We don't however have the creativity or the firepower to capitalise on their defensive weakness. By comparison, they do.

We are sure as shit to concede at least one goal to a set piece, and I'll wager that the normal service of them getting a penalty against us will be restored, so we will on that basis need to score at least 3 to win...and that is not going to happen.

Whatever we do I hope we at least have a go. Our manifesto to deal with visiting that cunt of a place is usually to bend over,try ride out the vast amount of possession and territory they'll have. Then when we go 2 goals down,we have a go. It's fucking nauseating. If we get beat,at least make them beat us. Let's go at them,not gung ho but with a desire to get bodies in their final third and see exactly how good they are. If we revert to 433 with Lambert up top alone,foraging for scraps whilst chasing balls he's totally incapable of,then I'll have lost patience and will want something done. Fuck me how do we continually fuck ourselves in the ass.

• Upvote 3

Adam Lallana is expected to be fit for Liverpool’s loaded visit to Manchester United on Sunday despite receiving treatment for two broken ribs.

Liverpool’s £25m summer signing from Southampton was surprisingly omitted from the must-win Champions League game against Basel on Tuesday when the club’s exit increased pressure on the manager, Brendan Rodgers, going into the weekend visit to Old Trafford.

Lallana, however, has been carrying an injury since the 3-1 win at Leicester City nine days ago, when a collision left the midfielder nursing two fractured ribs.

The 26-year-old scored at Leicester and started Saturday’s goalless draw against Sunderland at Anfield before making way for Steven Gerrard after 67 minutes. He received a pain-killing injection before facing Gus Poyet’s side and will remain in contention for the team to play United despite continued discomfort.

Agreed

Don't know why people are slitting their wrists over the mancs, they're not much better than us and extremely unbalanced.

To be fair though the fuckers are 7 points clear of us, playing semi decent football and at least have the firepower to see them through the season.

We right now are just about clinging onto a top half finish, playing shit and have no firepower whatsoever. 

I fucking detest the mancs but I just don't buy into this "They're not much better than us" mantra. Same way they thought we weren't much better than them last year. We were fucking streets ahead of them. They weren't even on our planet which was fucking wonderful. 

It's not quite that for them right now, but they're a lot better than we have been this season and being brutally honest unless Brendan gets it right this weekend they'll be 10 points ahead. No getting away from that. 

• Upvote 1

Lambert must have done something wonderful for somebody as now Rodgers seems bent on fulfilling all his childhood dreams: signing him for Liverpool, starting him on a must win (did not) European night at Anfield, and sure to run him out at OT on Sunday.

It's the Rickie Lambert Christmas Story - the beleaguered manager setting aside his own torment and finding it in his heart to make the dreams of one boy come true.

Lambert must have done something wonderful for somebody as now Rodgers seems bent on fulfilling all his childhood dreams: signing him for Liverpool, starting him on a must win (did not) European night at Anfield, and sure to run him out at OT on Sunday.

It's the Rickie Lambert Christmas Story - the beleaguered manager setting aside his own torment and finding it in his heart to make the dreams of one boy come true.

not sure he ll start because stevie was saying lambert was fucked and had to be taken off on Wednesday.

double sessions.