You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Sunderland

Paco

TLW picks the team v Sunderland  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts?

2. 2. what formation?

Yeah but Lambert is an intelligent footballer who isn't a lone striker. Carroll is a beanpole quasi thug who you hoof the ball to

But if we're just going to resort to launching the ball at Lambert then we may as well have Carroll because he does win everything in the air. Lambert's better technically but he's not used that way in our team. He hasn't got the pace to run onto anything because he's so slow and his all round game isn't good enough to make up for that at the level we need,

Guest davelfc

I noticed we had three players on the halfway line today while defending corners, Sunderland had to leave four players back to cover. This after it was mentioned quite a lot on BT Sports during the Leicester game that we should have players forward to release the ball to when cleared.

Glad to see Rodgers at least picking up some tips from watching the replays of our games. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I noticed we had three players on the halfway line today while defending corners, Sunderland had to leave four players back to cover. This after it was mentioned quite a lot on BT Sports during the Leicester game that we should have players forward to release the ball to when cleared.

Glad to see Rodgers at least picking up some tips from watching the replays of our games. 

Noticed that myself, still a worry that a manager getting paid so much has only just realised that such a tactic can ease pressure on our defence whilst facing set pieces. 

Guest davelfc

Noticed that myself, still a worry that a manager getting paid so much has only just realised that such a tactic can ease pressure on our defence whilst facing set pieces. 

It's sort of how I'd expect our season to pan out if I was our manager. He doesn't seem to know how to fix this and isn't learning, it's worrying and depressing at the same time.

We've come full circle to how we used to play, only after having spent shit loads of cash. This isn't just about Sturridge being injured, although that doesn't help. 

Another in a long line of piss poor performances that you'd expect from a team in the bottom half of the table, not a team that spent £100M this summer and almost won the title last season. 

Rodgers does not seem to be able to get the team to play consistently well and I think he's just pinning his hopes on Sturridge coming back to turn our fortunes. I don't expect to see Sturridge coming back any time soon. By the time he's back and fit enough to start making a difference the top 4 will be out of sight. 

After the Palace result Brendan looked like a man on the brink. Three games and seven points later he has turned results around, and that is to his credit.

Improving the defence was not going to be too difficult, and he has achieved that, improving our striker performance was always going to be more challenging, and so it has proved.

At least we go into this crucial run of cup games against Bournemouth and Basel, and league games against Man U and Arsenal, with some optimism now.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's sort of how I'd expect our season to pan out if I was our manager. He doesn't seem to know how to fix this and isn't learning, it's worrying and depressing at the same time.

We've come full circle to how we used to play, only after having spent shit loads of cash. This isn't just about Sturridge being injured, although that doesn't help. 

Last season we played to our strengths, this season we seem to be playing to our weaknesses....sign of a manager out of his depth to me. 

After the Palace result Brendan looked like a man on the brink. Three games and seven points later he has turned results around, and that is to his credit.Improving the defence was not going to be too difficult, and he has achieved that, improving our striker performance was always going to be more challenging, and so it has proved.At least we go into this crucial run of cup games against Bournemouth and Basel, and league games against Man U and Arsenal, with some optimism now.

Do we?

Guest davelfc

At least we go into this crucial run of cup games against Bournemouth and Basel, and league games against Man U and Arsenal, with some optimism now.

We beat Stoke and 10m man Leicester and hardly looked convincing doing so. We looked pretty shit today too. 

Fuck knows what you've been smoking but pass it around please. 

Guest davelfc

stoke beat arsenal, leicester beat united

I hate these answers because they mean fuck all really. 

Stoke had a fair few players missing with illness when we played them and Leicester are shit. 

if we're rationalising poor performances because the opposition had a good result against another team at some point in the season then we should just pack it in now and go home. 

• Upvote 1

I hate these answers because they mean fuck all really. 

Stoke had a fair few players missing with illness when we played them and Leicester are shit. 

if we're rationalising poor performances because the opposition had a good result against another team at some point in the season then we should just pack it in now and go home. 

more about making the point that anyone can beat anyone in this league