You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Sunderland

Paco

TLW picks the team v Sunderland  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts?

2. 2. what formation?

sunderland deserved a point and no more. If they d nicked it fair play but they had one great chance from browns first half injury time header and a shot from gomez 2nd half.

lallana, coutinho, lambert, gerrard and Markovic all had chances for us

• Upvote 1

I think it's a mistake to continue to exclude Borini from the match day 18. Whatever else he is, he is a striker that knows the Premiership and you could see we had no options from the bench in the last 10 minutes. We've got no excuses for not using our bench better than we have this season.

If he's not injured, it more than a mistake, it's pure fucking stupidity

Lambert has now played every minute since Palace, that's five full games

still contributed more than balotelli in half as many games.

borini will be gone and should have been gone in the summer.

maybe rodgers needs to force him out in jan so he can spend the 6m we ll prob get for him on a keeper, a cb, rb, dm and cf

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

no he didn't

He has, Balotelli was über wank, Lambert puts in way more effort and brings other players into the game better. If you can't see that then you are blind. 

Unless its to make sure we get rid of borini in january and we could use the money to get someone in who could actually add something to the first team, if borini cant accept hes not wanted by now then I dont know how we can get rid of him.

I'd rather get shut of Balotelli. Knowing us we'll loan the two of them out back to Italy.

Well we were poor, no point trying to say otherwise. But I dont see how \ why people think the manager should come out and say 'We are gash!' He has to build the players confidence up. Not only that, the surest way to lose the dressing room is to say 'We are gash!' even if it is the truth.

This is Liverpool without a powerful Steven Gerrard. Get used to it. Those who thought Gerrard was the problem need to look elsewhere. We are a shadow of last season without the goals from suarez not to mention his workrate and sturridge.

Sterling looks like going up a blind alley every time. He has so many defenders around him he doesnt seem to realise he can pass (if he can find a team mate available) instead of trying to take them all on.

Coutinho has little or no movement in front of him, henderson looks a headless chicken compared to last season.

It seems to me the players have cracked with not winning the title last season. They need to shake off the topor.

Basle is going to be a massive asked based on today's performance.

still contributed more than balotelli in half as many games.

borini will be gone and should have been gone in the summer.

maybe rodgers needs to force him out in jan so he can spend the 6m we ll prob get for him on a keeper, a cb, rb, dm and cf

Yeah Lambert has been better than Balotelli, for sure, but Borini is our only other fit striker and imo he's been underplayed even before this recent non appearance on the bench

He has, Balotelli was über wank, Lambert puts in way more effort and brings other players into the game better. If you can't see that then you are blind.

according to premier league fantasy football balotelli has 0 goals and 2 assists in 680 mins. the assists are against west ham and everton. he must ve won the free kick for gerrard to score v everton. who scored against west ham? sterling?

lambert has 1 goal and 2 assists in 540 mins.

in fairness its only a contest in who has been less shit.

Guest Pistonbroke

according to premier league fantasy football balotelli has 0 goals and 2 assists in 680 mins. the assists are against west ham and everton. he must ve won the free kick for gerrard to score v everton. who scored against west ham? sterling?

lambert has 1 goal and 2 assists in 540 mins.

in fairness its only a contest in who has been less shit.

I don't go on stats mate, I look at the all-round play and what the player brings to the team, Lambert wins for me. You also have to factor in that quite a lot of minutes for Lambert were as a last 20 min sub. 

Neither are the answer to our forward woes, but Lambert offers more than that sultry Italian brain dead buffoon. 

I don't go on stats mate, I look at the all-round play and what the player brings to the team, Lambert wins for me. You also have to factor in that quite a lot of minutes for Lambert were as a last 20 min sub.

Neither are the answer to our forward woes, but Lambert offers more than that sultry Italian brain dead buffoon.

I agree. we ve been better with lambert.

I don't think it's all that surprising that a 32-year-old wouldn't be up to starting 4 games in such a short space of time. Rodgers does this a lot, though - he decides he doesn't fancy someone and that's that. There's nothing wrong with being decisive, but when a team who has only scored 7 goals in 7 home games doesn't come equipped with a second striker, that's counter-productive.

You're either one of his blue eyed boys or you're dead to him basically, not many in between. That's why every season most of his signings end up never getting a game. He's useless at managing a squad. 

two and a half years and £220m later and we're still relying on Johnson, Skrtel, Gerrard, Lucas and Henderson. Plus Sterling through the youth. The first four of those have regressed from where they were 3 years ago. Out of the signings who are actually playing, Mignolet is a dreadful goalkeeper, Toure was a free transfer squad player,  Moreno was bombed out for a good few weeks but is now back in for the loaned Manquilo, Allen and Lallana are competing for the one place, Lambert is nowhere near good enough to play up front for Liverpool and Coutinho is very hit and miss. But the excuse is "Oh well Sturridge is injured". Who could have predicted that happening?

• Upvote 5

You're either one of his blue eyed boys or you're dead to him basically, not many in between. That's why every season most of his signings end up never getting a game. He's useless at managing a squad. 

two and a half years and £220m later and we're still relying on Johnson, Skrtel, Gerrard, Lucas and Henderson. Plus Sterling through the youth. The first four of those have regressed from where they were 3 years ago. Out of the signings who are actually playing, Mignolet is a dreadful goalkeeper, Toure was a free transfer squad player,  Moreno was bombed out for a good few weeks but is now back in for the loaned Manquilo, Allen and Lallana are competing for the one place, Lambert is nowhere near good enough to play up front for Liverpool and Coutinho is very hit and miss. But the excuse is "Oh well Sturridge is injured". Who could have predicted that happening?

Spot on.

Guest Pistonbroke

Glad to see something from Markovic at last. He looked determined to show what he could do when he came on - much more like the player I thought we'd signed. One of the few plusses along with Lucas's consistency and Sterling.

Clutching at straws there mate. Yes, he put in a bit of effort and got stuck in, but he was hardly any better than the rest. He just looked better as Sunderland were happy to hold on to a point at that stage and defended all we had to throw at them, which wasn't a great deal. Having said that, it may spur him on, although I doubt BR will play him much and any confidence he may have gained will soon evaporate. 

I just felt annoyed watching us today, from almost the first kick to the last. I'm getting strapped in for a shite week. Out of the CL and getting done over by the mancs is odds on. How the fuck do you blunt a buzz-saw in one season? You sell your top player - then make some attempt to replace him. Your second top man is injury prone - you buy a back-up for that very reason. We've done none of these things. We've signed 2 slow strikers who don't make runs. Yet our whole deal was based on players making runs and movement behind the defence. Why in the fuck would you sign players who can't do that?

What we have now is toothless and slow. We are boring to watch. From amazing to boring in a few months. Atletico aren't boring. They spent less than us and didn't sign any players who wouldn't have signed for us. It's mismanagement plain and simple. Heads need to fucking roll. Start with Ayre and don't stop until all the wankers holding us back are ripped out of the club. We need a revolution in our approach to this, because what we have now is an utter failure.

Sorry, I'm just completely fucked off with this shite. 

• Upvote 6

I just felt annoyed watching us today, from almost the first kick to the last. I'm getting strapped in for a shite week. Out of the CL and getting done over by the mancs is odds on. How the fuck do you blunt a buzz-saw in one season? You sell your top player - then make some attempt to replace him. Your second top man is injury prone - you buy a back-up for that very reason. We've done none of these things. We've signed 2 slow strikers who don't make runs. Yet our whole deal was based on players making runs and movement behind the defence. Why in the fuck would you sign players who can't do that?

What we have now is toothless and slow. We are boring to watch. From amazing to boring in a few months. Atletico aren't boring. They spent less than us and didn't sign any players who wouldn't have signed for us. It's mismanagement plain and simple. Heads need to fucking roll. Start with Ayre and don't stop until all the wankers holding us back are ripped out of the club. We need a revolution in our approach to this, because what we have now is an utter failure.

Sorry, I'm just completely fucked off with this shite.

That's my view on it too. It's even more criminal that Rodgers has spent so long pretending that his two static strikers could simply slot into the same system we were playing before.