You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Sunderland

Paco

TLW picks the team v Sunderland  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts?

2. 2. what formation?

Couthinio was poor today the amount of times he passed straight to a sunderland player was infuriating.

When we need to up the tempo of the match Allen helps make the difference in midfield he should have come on.

Also what does Can have to do start playing again?

Fuck knows but Brendan's pet Henderson was garbage again and unbelievably has been rewarded with the armband.

Yes Emre Can deserves a chance Henderson has gone back to horenderson  his passing is woeful he runs around like a startled chicken these days. needs a rest.

He wasn't even that good last season which I said at the time, he was made look good because all he did was pass to Suarez who made a bad ball a good one.

Henderson himself said that jokingly last season but it was the truth, think back to sterlings goal against arsenal, hendersons running through with sterling clear on the left and that was the ball that should have been played, instead henderson did what he normally did which was give it to Suarez who played a great ball across for sterling which got Henderson off not playing the right ball.

It was one of those obvious games for me today.

Obvious from about 15-20 minutes in that we weren't going to score. We were better in the second half, but the Pantimillion save from Coutinho aside, it was relatively comfortable for Sunderland.

Sturridge coming back won't be the solve all that some think, but we're crying out for some pace up top.

We're too easy to defend against. Sterling should've been up top again today.

coutinhos final ball is hopeless.

lallana doesnt want to shoot.

basically waiting on sterling to score a wonder goal or gerrard to cone up with something.

first half was dire. very cautious, nothing to inspire the crowd. 2nd half was better when we left 3 up for corners.

we had chances but just didnt create enough.

sick of sterling getting fuck all from refs. clear penalty and umpteen other fouls on him.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers: "I thought the players gave everything and in the second half we looked like we could make breakthrough. Sunderland proved this year that they are a hard team to beat. I can't fault the players. They needed a wee bit of luck and it didn't come. If you can't win it's important you don't lose. We've taken seven points from nine this week which is a good return for us.

"Stevie (Gerrard) coming on gave everyone a lift. I thought him and Raheem (Sterling) were outstanding. It was a solid performance and we just couldn't quite make the breakthrough.

"When I looked at it (Sterling's penalty appeal) again afterwards, closely, Wes Brown has a dangle for the ball and misses it. Raheem, as he comes down, lands on Wes Brown. I don't think it was a dive and I don't think it was a penalty. I think the referee made the right decision."

BR: "We had pressure in the right areas and the ball didn’t drop to us. It was important for us that we kept the clean sheet."

all about the clean sheet.

19 league goals scored this season. 34 this time last year.

not sure how many we d conceded this time last year

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers: "I thought the players gave everything and in the second half we looked like we could make breakthrough. Sunderland proved this year that they are a hard team to beat. I can't fault the players. They needed a wee bit of luck and it didn't come. If you can't win it's important you don't lose. We've taken seven points from nine this week which is a good return for us.

"Stevie (Gerrard) coming on gave everyone a lift. I thought him and Raheem (Sterling) were outstanding. It was a solid performance and we just couldn't quite make the breakthrough.

"When I looked at it (Sterling's penalty appeal) again afterwards, closely, Wes Brown has a dangle for the ball and misses it. Raheem, as he comes down, lands on Wes Brown. I don't think it was a dive and I don't think it was a penalty. I think the referee made the right decision."

tumblr_leezsxm1ac1qftlqyo1_500.gif

I'm sick to death of hearing the same bullshit buzzwords from him every week.

"Gave everything"

"Can't fault players"

"Good return"

"Outstanding"

Fuck off.

• Upvote 3