You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Sunderland

Paco

TLW picks the team v Sunderland  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts?

2. 2. what formation?

Brendan has looked and sounded like a fraud for a while. Our attacking prowess last year belied it but his frankly hilarious transfer dealings and flagrant inability to come up with any kind of structure, strategy or game plan, coupled with his ridiculous personal life, are revealing a poor, poor manager. I'm sick to death of it. He has Luis Suarez to thank that he's stayed in his job so long.

• Upvote 1

Virtually the same script every week just changes the opositions name,bluff merchant.

Rodgers bingo:

The players gave absolutely everything.

Gerrard was absolutely outstanding.

Great effort from the group 

Great character shown from the lads. 

Can't fault the performance at all.

We were very solid and resolute 

They're a hard team to beat

They've got wonderful players and an outstanding manager

It'll be Bournemouth are formidable opposition next week. 

Brendan has looked and sounded like a fraud for a while. Our attacking prowess last year belied it but his frankly hilarious transfer dealings and flagrant inability to come up with any kind of structure, strategy or game plan, coupled with his ridiculous personal life, are revealing a poor, poor manager. I'm sick to death of it. He has Luis Suarez to thank that he's stayed in his job so long.

I did say in the Summer he should thank Luis for his new contract.

Rodgers bingo:

Haha same shite all the time.

I think it's a mistake to continue to exclude Borini from the match day 18. Whatever else he is, he is a striker that knows the Premiership and you could see we had no options from the bench in the last 10 minutes. We've got no excuses for not using our bench better than we have this season.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers: "I thought the players gave everything and in the second half we looked like we could make breakthrough. Sunderland proved this year that they are a hard team to beat. I can't fault the players. They needed a wee bit of luck and it didn't come. If you can't win it's important you don't lose. We've taken seven points from nine this week which is a good return for us.

"Stevie (Gerrard) coming on gave everyone a lift. I thought him and Raheem (Sterling) were outstanding. It was a solid performance and we just couldn't quite make the breakthrough.

"When I looked at it (Sterling's penalty appeal) again afterwards, closely, Wes Brown has a dangle for the ball and misses it. Raheem, as he comes down, lands on Wes Brown. I don't think it was a dive and I don't think it was a penalty. I think the referee made the right decision."

Nothing at all wrong with what Rodgers has said here and nothing untrue apart from sterling being outstanding but he's clearly just trying to encourage a player who played well, needs confidence and will be key for Rodgers and the team for the remainder of the season, again nothing wrong with that Imo.

• Downvote 1

I think it's a mistake to continue to exclude Borini from the match day 18. Whatever else he is, he is a striker that knows the Premiership and you could see we had no options from the bench in the last 10 minutes. We've got no excuses for not using our bench better than we have this season.

Rodgers is only hurting himself. Lambert was poor today and there was no striker on the bench to replace him with. Borini would offer more pace and movement up front, either with or instead of Lambert. 

It's weird that in Rodgers first season he left us horribly short upfront cause Carroll was a slow carthorse who didn't suit the way he wanted to play.  Fast forward two years and he's signed two cumbersome oafs as our only back up to Sturridge.  Over the three seasons to date there's been more wrong and more head scratching decisions from him than good.

• Upvote 4

Not looking forward to going to united next week.

hopefully some euro joy midweek.

Today was what I feared: lets get this one out of the way ahead of the fabled big European night.

I really thought rodgers had nailed that sort of complacency to the wall but it was there for all to see today.

Fuck knows but Brendan's pet Henderson was garbage again and unbelievably has been rewarded with the armband.

A massive bottler, Henderson.  And stinking the place out as well.  Captain material?  

A massive bottler, Rodgers.  And stinking the place out as well.  Manager material? 

hes said as much. its back to basics stuff with lucas in front of the settled pairing of skrtel and toure.

we re far less open than we were which is good but not as easy on the eye but if we continued to be open with our inability to score then we d have even less points and be in even bigger trouble.

Rodgers bingo:

think you'll like the Johnson bingo..

142ssd2.jpg

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Nothing at all wrong with what Rodgers has said here and nothing untrue apart from sterling being outstanding but he's clearly just trying to encourage a player who played well, needs confidence and will be key for Rodgers and the team for the remainder of the season, again nothing wrong with that Imo.

There is nothing right with it, he is insulting every fans intelligence. I'd prefer it is he just didn't bother opening his mouth if he isn't going to be truthful. Not saying he has to go OTT on criticism or picking out certain players, just a simple "That is still not good enough and I'm bitterly disappointed to have dropped another 2 points at home" would do. 

Guest Pistonbroke

jesus you re obsessed. he ll be gone in the summer if not sooner.

and is still better than any available full back

I can lend you a few ' if you need them? 

Rodgers is only hurting himself. Lambert was poor today and there was no striker on the bench to replace him with. Borini would offer more pace and movement up front, either with or instead of Lambert.

I don't think it's all that surprising that a 32-year-old wouldn't be up to starting 4 games in such a short space of time. Rodgers does this a lot, though - he decides he doesn't fancy someone and that's that. There's nothing wrong with being decisive, but when a team who has only scored 7 goals in 7 home games doesn't come equipped with a second striker, that's counter-productive.

Guest Pistonbroke

I don't think it's all that surprising that a 32-year-old wouldn't be up to starting 4 games in such a short space of time. Rodgers does this a lot, though - he decides he doesn't fancy someone and that's that. There's nothing wrong with being decisive, but when a team who has only scored 7 goals in 7 home games doesn't come equipped with a second striker, that's counter-productive.

I'd class it as plain madness by a manager who has lost the plot myself.