You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Books, films, songs etc that made you cry like a baby. *Amnesty*

Carvalho Diablo

"In My Life" by The Beatles and Sean Connery....

Always takes me back to a certain night in 2005 that can't be mentioned on this forum....But if you get it on YouTube it's the best montage Sky or any channel have ever done....I must have watched it god knows how many times and it still brings a tear to my eyes ....Amazing

I've been reading Danny Champion of The World to my lad when I take him to bed. That first chapter were Danny explains who he is and how it's just him and his Dad had me in bits. I contained it all till I had finished reading till the end of the chapter. And then the telling of all the boss stuff he does with his Dad got me going the next night.

It's not a proper conventional tear jerker but it just made me remember all the things me and my arl fella used to do together when I was a kid.

Can't wait for Skids Jr to get older.

• Upvote 3

I've been reading Danny Champion of The World to my lad when I take him to bed. That first chapter were Danny explains who he is and how it's just him and his Dad had me in bits. I contained it all till I had finished reading till the end of the chapter. And then the telling of all the boss stuff he does with his Dad got me going the next night.

It's not a proper conventional tear jerker but it just made me remember all the things me and my arl fella used to do together when I was a kid.

Can't wait for Skids Jr to get older.

Father and son things like that get me for the opposite reason. My mum and dad divorced when I was six and I never saw that much of the old fella for a while after that. We certainly never did much fun stuff together when I did see him. He was still a young fella (early thirties then) so he was getting his life back together and didn't have much time for kids. Makes me sad that I missed out on a lot of that kind of stuff, but now I have my boy its a chance for redemption and he isn't going to miss out on a damn thing.

• Upvote 3

My Mam and Dad split when I was 3, but I was lucky that my old man stuck around and had us every other weekend and took us away on holidays. Then I moved in with him as a 17 year old cocky get.

It went a bit downhill from there for a bit. I always remember bad things rather than the good stuff. But that is all down to my lad coming in to our lives.

There are things that I will ensure my lad doesn't have to go some of the things I went through.

Parents are fucked up sometimes.

• Upvote 1

My Mam and Dad split when I was 3, but I was lucky that my old man stuck around and had us every other weekend and took us away on holidays. Then I moved in with him as a 17 year old cocky get.

It went a bit downhill from there for a bit. I always remember bad things rather than the good stuff. But that is all down to my lad coming in to our lives.

There are things that I will ensure my lad doesn't have to go some of the things I went through.

This should say that it's got so much better, and it's all down to Skids Jr.

As its amnesty, Gerrard's last home game last season. I was a fucking wreck.

I didn't feel any emotion, it was weird. Probably because Sky shamelessly manipulated the whole thing for views and stopped him half way through his lap of honour for an interview, plus the fact Gerrard showed no emotion himself. Rafa at the memorial service however gets me every time. 

• Upvote 2

Might have said this before in this thread but there's the scenes in the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind where he is going through the memory wipe and changes his mind halfway through. As he can't communicate it to the techs he tries to desperately to maintain them and begs to be left with just one memory.

Proper brought a lump to my throat. Made me think what it must be like to lose your memories.

• Upvote 1

As Philip Larkin opined:

"They fuck you up, your parents;

They don't mean to but they do.

They give you all the faults they had;

And add some, just for you."

• Upvote 2