Quantcast
Books, films, songs etc that made you cry like a baby. *Amnesty* - Page 5 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Carvalho Diablo

Books, films, songs etc that made you cry like a baby. *Amnesty*

Cripes, how edgy and cool are you?

Well, fucking very as you ask!

Gervais isn't the issue, it's about the chords it struck with others.

I haven't actually seen the scene in question, but Ricky Gervais can't help have a little side-swipe at anybody who isn't a staunch atheist.

Not much gets me to well up really, but the two that spring to mind are:

1/  Cool Runnings  -  Where they lift the sled up onto their shoulders and carry it over the line, and the reaction of the crowd.

2. Armageddon -  At the end, with the character who is estranged from his kid, when the kid says that salesmen is on tv and she says no thats your father, and when he runs up shouting Daddy at the end.

• Upvote 1

2. Armageddon - At the end, with the character who is estranged from his kid, when the kid says that salesmen is on tv and she says no thats your father, and when he runs up shouting Daddy at the end.

Owe you a rep for this one. Especially gets me when they've made it back at the end and the kid is there.

• Upvote 1

Owe you a rep for this one. Especially gets me when they've made it back at the end and the kid is there.

Yes thats when it gets me, even if i watch it again about a year or two later.

I've been choosing music for my wedding and it's got me a tad emotional in a sentimental looking forward way but also in a nostalgic way. 

It's also incredibly hard finding songs you love that aren't actually miserable, turns out I'm a proper angsty, goth self hating indulgent thundercunt.

So many great bands barely have anything cheerful in their repertoire that I like - Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Muse, Manic Street Preachers. It's also no coincidence that 80% of my choices were from the 1995-2002.

The following songs if played at the right moment can certainly cause sand to fly into my eye

You'll Never Walk Alone

Elton John - Nikita (I have a step-sister I have never met who was named after this song)

Theme music to Jurassic park

Stereophonics -Local Boy In The Photograph - Mate killed himself 10 years ago, song reminds me of him

Oasis - Live Forever - Normally at 3am , the guitar solo, trying to make my bird listen to how fucking amazing it is while she is trying to drag me to bed.

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms

The Verve - Drugs Don't Work

Guns N Roses - Patience, November Rain (same situation as Live Forever, Civil War)

The Beatles - In My Life

(should the opportunity arise)

Yes, his own show that he had complete control over wasn't an opportunity. Was it?

Not in the way a film he had control over was.

Well the subject matter of The Office didn't lend itself to sly digs, and I'm not suggesting that he would compromise the integrity of the show simply to get a dig in. I am just suggesting that when a chance in the narrative presents itself he'll jump at it!

I've been choosing music for my wedding and it's got me a tad emotional in a sentimental looking forward way but also in a nostalgic way.

It's also incredibly hard finding songs you love that aren't actually miserable, turns out I'm a proper angsty, goth self hating indulgent thundercunt.

So many great bands barely have anything cheerful in their repertoire that I like - Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Muse, Manic Street Preachers. It's also no coincidence that 80% of my choices were from the 1995-2002.

Some of the best love songs feature the theme of loss so aren't great for weddings.

Jim Croce's time in a bottle is a good shout though if you haven't heard it. About him dying but not too explicitly.

• Upvote 1

Some of the best love songs feature the theme of loss so aren't great for weddings.

Jim Croce's time in a bottle is a good shout though if you haven't heard it. About him dying but not too explicitly.

That's a great song alright Stu

Too many to list, proper wuss me, just like me Dad was.

Love Story

Beaches

ET

Steel Magnolias

fuck, loads more, not so much music, but stood on the Kop YNWA brings a lump, as does He Aint Heavy, original as well as the Justice Collective, have to say that the blue noses earned my respect that night

The Champ. Jon Voight.

And not just for fathering that stunner Angelina Jolie but actually playing the boxer in that movie.

Mr Merlin (tv show) because it reminds me of my grandad.