You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Star Wars Films

Section_31

I tend to avoid those if I can.  Somebody forced me to watch Deadpool.  It was okay but I wasn't sure which parts I was supposed to be laughing at and the action sequences were all 100mph, so I found it hard to track what was happening.

It was a relief when it ended.

5/10

*fist bump*

• Upvote 1

Wasn't moaning about the features. I wouldn't have bought it regardless. Just thought it was amusing they were all Rian Johnson-centric with no input from anyone else. That seems to have been lost.

With no input from anyone else? Again, they haven’t been released yet.

Your judging a view on something you haven’t even seen yet. Which is a bit bloody daft, you silly sausage.

With no input from anyone else? Again, they haven’t been released yet.

Your judging a view on something you haven’t even seen yet. Which is a bit bloody daft, you silly sausage.

Again, I'll refer you to this: http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-comes-home

You'd think they'd advertise a commentary, vignettes or interviews featuring the cast, right? 

Again, I'll refer you to this: http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-comes-home

You'd think they'd advertise a commentary, vignettes or interviews featuring the cast, right?

Refer me to what? A couple of paragraphs about the documentaries? A video clip that shows only footage from the film?

If each of the documentaries all contain no other person being interviewed other than Rian Johnson fair enough (the likelihood is pretty slim don’t you think?), but it’s released in just under two months and I’ve never had you as someone that can see into the future.

Refer me to what? A couple of paragraphs about the documentaries? A video clip that shows only footage from the film?

If each of the documentaries all contain no other person being interviewed other than Rian Johnson fair enough (the likelihood is pretty slim don’t you think?), but it’s released in just under two months and I’ve never had you as someone that can see into the future.

If you wanna keep arguing the minuntiae... THEY. HAVE. TOLD. YOU. WHAT'S. ON. IT. 

If you wanna keep arguing the minuntiae... THEY. HAVE. TOLD. YOU. WHAT'S. ON. IT.

Oh look what I’ve found. Wasn’t that bloody hard.

“An intimate documentary delving into Rian Johnson's process as he comes in as a director new to the Star Wars universe. A fan since childhood, he sets out to make the most powerful Star Wars movie he can. Navigating the mammoth production, the scale of which he’s never directed before, we meet his cast and crew, see their individual challenges in bringing the film together, say goodbye to Carrie Fisher.”

See that bit above “we meet his cast and crew?” You know like, interviews with other people and stuff which you claim don’t happen in something you haven’t seen.

Wasted enough time talking to you on a matter that’s so fucking trivial and bizarre.

Cheers

A couple of months on and I’m still baffled as to how this was ever sanctioned with this cunt given free rein. It hasn’t ruined my childhood etc but it has ruined the general story arc of the Star Wars films. They’re now basically unrescuable. They may make good films again at some point but the overall story has been transmogrified because of this pig headed cunt and the fucking imbeciles who hired him and didn’t stop him.

I find the people who aren’t happy with opinions like mine seem to not be Star Wars fans. That’s okay and I can understand them not understanding why me and people like me are pissed off by this joke of a film. I just think they need to realise there is more to this than just a good/bad film. It’s not like Bond or Marvel where you just make the next one and that’s fine because they basically all start from the same point. It’s like you loving the Harry Potter books/films and then they make another film where you find out Snape was actually a paedo who never actually did any magic and Dumbledore could also bring anyone he wanted including himself back from the dead at any point.. That’s it, series ruined. You could still watch the other films but then you’d be thinking why is anybody arsed about dying Dumbledore will just bring them back. You can’t come back from it and that’s basically what this cunt has done to Star Wars.

And you know what the worst thing is? Because the film was relatively entertaining and the critics weren’t bored by it that makes it good. So the fucking dickheads in charge all wank each off like premier league referees saying yes he was offside wasn’t he. It’s a fucking crap film but even worse is that it ruins the fucking saga.

• Upvote 2

It hasn't ruined the saga for me.  They can never take away the OT or my beloved prequels.

I do think it has ruined the new trilogy, though, and has killed any enthusiasm I had for episode IX.  That said, I'll still watch the damn thing and this new Solo film as I'm hooked on this shit.

I'm pretty much the same. I'll end up going to see every film they put out under the Star Wars umbrella because I'm hooked.

But I don't 'care' for the new films in the way I did the old. They told a story that worked well across 3 films. This latest stuff is gash in terms of tying it to the OT but as stand alone films, they are entertaining in their own right. I would actually put Rogue One close to the OT in terms of quality. I think that's a really good film.

Rogue One is terrible except for the last 30 minutes. I watched it again over Christmas and was bored by it

With regard to the latest trilogy, I think I've said it before but I'm no longer interested in it. It's actually killed my love of new Star Wars. Don't care about episode 9 or any of the spin offs.

• Upvote 1

Oh look what I’ve found. Wasn’t that bloody hard.

“An intimate documentary delving into Rian Johnson's process as he comes in as a director new to the Star Wars universe. A fan since childhood, he sets out to make the most powerful Star Wars movie he can. Navigating the mammoth production, the scale of which he’s never directed before, we meet his cast and crew, see their individual challenges in bringing the film together, say goodbye to Carrie Fisher.”

See that bit above “we meet his cast and crew?” You know like, interviews with other people and stuff which you claim don’t happen in something you haven’t seen.

Wasted enough time talking to you on a matter that’s so fucking trivial and bizarre.

Cheers

It's about him.

Rogue One is terrible except for the last 30 minutes. I watched it again over Christmas and was bored by it

With regard to the latest trilogy, I think I've said it before but I'm no longer interested in it. It's actually killed my love of new Star Wars. Don't care about episode 9 or any of the spin offs.

Every minute of Rogue One is fucking dull.

The last thirty minutes are completely redundant and devoid of any sort of tension as we already know they get the plans and mail them off. Even the death of the characters is completely inconsequential due to the fact they play no role whatsoever in the original trilogy, which this directly leads into. That whole film was pointless and filled with awful boring characters.

And that Darth Vader thing at the end was fucking embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

That Snape comment had me howling. Good post though, it does give a better understanding of why non-fans likes it more than fans. I think the set of movies is a bit wank, but I get why some are pissed.

I have a storm trooper ink stamp that I bought at a carboot sale for 20p. That makes me a superfan.

Last Jedi was a good film apart from Leia  flying through space.

The prequels should be deleted from history.

Rogue One was toss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Correct. Also I like the idea the project manager for the death star was Australian, imagine how many boozers

Tiled most likely, 1950s-style (given the death star would be an austerity place) - for the six o'clock swill, so the vomit could be easily hosed away by a Stormtrooper at 6.05.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_o%27clock_swill