You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Star Wars Films

Section_31

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

My concern isn't the idea but casting Christensen again, as Section says a rocking horse is less wooden than he was

I've seen him in other stuff. He's not a bad actor. Laurence Olivier would have struggled with Lucas's dialogue and direction.

I've heard that sometimes actors need to alter their performances because being too true to real life can actually seem fake.

Like real fear screams can seem inauthentic, or the sound of a person getting hit/shot/stabbed in films isn't anything like how it is in real life.

I thought Christensen was shite until I saw Elliot Rodger. 

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000002900707/youtube-video-retribution.html

I think he nailed it, the parallels are uncanny. 

If anything he's acted too well.

I’m in two minds about the announcements yesterday. Despite any real information, the Obi Wan & Ahsoka Tano spin off shows sound fun and the Patty Jenkins and Taika Waititi films sound interesting, but I dunno, is it all just a bit cynical & flogging a dead horse?

What gives me hope is how good The Mandolorian is. 

Thrawn almost certainly appear in the Ahsoka Tano spin-off, which considering The Mandolorian is set between ROTJ & TFA, where were either of them in either film?

I have to admit, as much as I didn’t like RotS (I think it’s the most disappointing prequel), IMO, it left the Vadar v Kenobi confrontation perfectly leading into ANH. 

IMO, Baby Joda should have made an appearance at the end of RoS and set up the rest of the films from there. Going back in time only undoes previously finished stories.

29 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I'm about halfway through Timothy Zahn's 'Thrawn' 

He's fucking ace. 

Yep, although his books get weaker IMO compared to the original Heir to the Empire trilogy, you don't realise until you go back and read them.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Amazed they've never done anything decent with Thrawn, maybe they don't own as much of the rights beside it was expanded universe stuff.

Have you seen the episode with Ashoka in the Mandalorian yet Sec?

Fully expect him to appear in the Ashoka show.

Well overdue too

10 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’m in two minds about the announcements yesterday. Despite any real information, the Obi Wan & Ahsoka Tano spin off shows sound fun and the Patty Jenkins and Taika Waititi films sound interesting, but I dunno, is it all just a bit cynical & flogging a dead horse?

What gives me hope is how good The Mandolorian is. 

Thrawn almost certainly appear in the Ahsoka Tano spin-off, which considering The Mandolorian is set between ROTJ & TFA, where were either of them in either film?

I have to admit, as much as I didn’t like RotS (I think it’s the most disappointing prequel), IMO, it left the Vadar v Kenobi confrontation perfectly leading into ANH. 

IMO, Baby Joda should have made an appearance at the end of RoS and set up the rest of the films from there. Going back in time only undoes previously finished stories.

I always presumed that the last time Obi Wan saw Anakin was during RotS but thinking about what was said in A New Hope, maybe I was wrong. Vader says something like ‘we meet again, when I left you I was the learner now I am the master.’ No Real indication of when they last saw each other though. 

There’s also the bit with Obi Wan giving Luke Anakin’s lightsaber which ‘his father wanted him to have when he was old enough.’ I always just thought that this was Obi Wan bullshitting a little to get Luke onside but maybe not. I reckon we’ll see this in the new Kenobi series. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Not Star Wars but given it’s Lucas & Disney, I’m sticking it in here.

…I’ve got a bad feeling about this. 

Fucking hell, had to stop watching that as the guy presenting it seems like an utter cunt.  A couple of bits of news spread out over 12 minutes.  Arsehole.

Internet fan boy vents from parents basement about how bad unseen film will be & blames Kathleen Kennedy for all the ills in the world.  

I'll judge the film & any TV on my own thanks.  As for Ford being done with the role. He's fucking  80!!!  

• Upvote 1