You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Star Wars Films

Section_31

So I don't need to know anything about Star Wars?

Rogue One is set immediately before A New Hope (or the very first Star Wars ever made if you're a young'un, all snot and Marmite). And, as others have said, it's ace.

I thought Solo was good. I think that will partly be to do with how they fucked things up with the last jedi. After that it was nice to see a Star Wars film that stayed pretty true to the story and characters. That might be because my expectations have been lowered to the point I’m happy to put up with a drab film as long as it’s not something that trashes the storyline. I suppose I’ll be able to judge how good it is in a couple of years.

If Rhian Johnson had written this one though he probably would have had Han using a lightsaber to chop Kenobi’s legs off after beating him with his jedi powers, with Leia appearing in it pregnant to Mace Windu. Everyone would have loved it though because the action sequences were great and it was entertaining. We’d all be getting told to get over it. It’s just a film and it can’t just be the story you imagined it to be. That would be boring.

• 1 month later...

I had no desire to see Solo at the cinema. It's the first Star Wars film, that I was alive for, that I haven't been to see, which feels weird.

I like TFA, TLJ and Rogue One but Solo just doesn't interest me at all.

I had no desire to see Solo at the cinema. It's the first Star Wars film, that I was alive for, that I haven't been to see, which feels weird.

I like TFA, TLJ and Rogue One but Solo just doesn't interest me at all.

Solo was quite good. It’s more Star Wars than the last jedi although the premise of it seems like overkill it’s actually really well written and acted.

They were never going to be able to ignore Fishers death. I felt they were going to CGI her or use old footage of her from somewhere.

I imagine she’ll die early on in the film.

Is Andy Serkis back?

I can only imagine Richard E Grant will be playing a flamboyant homosexual.

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, TheBitch said:

I was fully expecting Solo to be shite but the first 15 mins aside it was a lot of fun. 

Far better than that shite with Kylo Ren.

I have to say, I was reluctant to watch Solo but I watched it a few weeks back and really enjoyed it, except for the 'Guest' appearance which I thought was a steaming pile of Pogba. Some good scheming in it and the dialogue was good too. 

I loved that appearance. Fucking great character with great possibilities for more films. Unfortunately there are question marks over what’s happening next due to poor box office. I’d love to see him feature more significantly in another film though. 

• Upvote 1

Got Solo on DVD last week, need to arrange a work from home day so I can watch it with no distractions.

I am looking forward watching it. I’ve not really heard a bad word said about it. 

In other news, I’ve read today that the Boba Fett film has been officially scrapped, which is a shame IMO. I think they could have done a good job of that, or maybe he’ll be worked into Solo 2 (if they do one...).

41 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Great character but the scene was tripe. Lighting up and closing the lightsaber for no reason. So contrived. We all know who he is, no need for that other than for visuals. 

I didn’t see it as contrived at all. I saw as him being unstable. He’s always right on the edge of losing it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't mind the idea of McGregor coming back and seeing what he can do without having to act completely with green screens, but Christensen's shite, chartered accountants have more charisma. You'd also expect his version of Vader to go without his helmet then at some point otherwise there's no reason to cast him? 

I'd prefer a last of the summer wine in space style jaunt, Obi Wan and a couple of mates meander around Mos Eisley hankering after elderly women and building strange contraptions. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

This actually intrigues me, in a good way.

There is a potentially great story to be told of this era.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Looking forward to it too. The prequels were a good story executed poorly. The sequels were a poor story executed brilliantly. Hopefully this will have the best of both worlds. 

My concern isn't the idea but casting Christensen again, as Section says a rocking horse is less wooden than he was