Quantcast
Rickie Lambert - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
bouncebrigade

Rickie Lambert

I don't think there is a thread for him, which I find strange.

Anyway, I think he's boss.

He's obviously getting on a bit but he is undeniably our best bet up front until we can get someone else in / Sturridge returns.

He played well last night, held the ball up, showed a nice understanding with Ste and clearly gives 100%, unlike that other fucking firework exploding crack pot who we should never have signed in the first place.

He's no Aguero, but I like him.

Discuss.

great story etc., good lad, works hard etc, I like him, not good enough for Liverpool.

And I know its a reflection on the rest of the team really but as I said on the match thread last night, he only scored his first goal on Sunday he scores just one more and he's our equal top scorer this season

He'd be good enough as a solid third striker. If we still had Suarez (or a meaningful replacement) and Sturridge (R.I.P.). Unfortunately, we replaced Suarez with a village idiot and Sturridge has passed on. So, he's now expected to do a job he was never qualified to do...

• Upvote 5

Still think he'd be better as the man dropping off in a front two.  He just has no pace.  I do like him though, nice bloke and he has a golascoring instinct that a certain Mario Balotelli doesn't have. 

great story etc., good lad, works hard etc, I like him, not good enough for Liverpool.

Same as Balotelli and Borini and throw Lovern and Johnson in for the sake of being not good enough.

At least we only spent 4 mil on Lambert not like the utter waste of money the other lazy useless twats cost us.

Been saying for months that he needed a run of games. I'm pleased for him.

Me too.

Not only that but a run of games with Lallana nearby.

If i was Rodgers i'd have been clutching at that particular straw for sometime now.

Same as Balotelli and Borini and throw Lovern and Johnson in for the sake of being not good enough.

At least we only spent 4 mil on Lambert not like the utter waste of money the other lazy useless twats cost us.

I would imagine the mind set of Johnson and Lambert couldn't be further apart, viz their dedication to the shirt.

He's an asset but to use him effectively we need to adapt the tactics like Rafa did with Crouch.

He's got 2 in 2 which is good but he's also missed 2 sitters in 2 games which have proved costly. 

I liked the way he fucked off celebrating last night and went to get the ball out of the net with over 80 minutes left.

I actually had the opposite feeling. I thought we were going to go gung ho and concede immediately even though there were 80 mins left.