You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rickie Lambert

bouncebrigade

Don't really blame us for accepting the offer if £5M is true, don't blame him for wanting to give it til the end of the season before he pulls the ripcord on his life's dream.  Kids in school, just moved back to his home, etc.

We may yet need him, however unpalatable that seems, and if its a choice of him or Balotelli I know which one I'd prefer to bring on.

• Upvote 4

Guess him leaving or staying doesn't really matter if he wasn't going to replaced.  Offers fuck all though, so hopefully he's going into his last six months.

Waste of a squad place, waste of wages, waste of time.

Don't and never will buy into this top bloke shite.  Footballing ability is all that cunts.  

Yeah we all know what Mario Ballotelli is like, what about Lambert?

I don't particularly rate Lambert, certainly in the context of our style of play, but some of the piss taking is a shame to see.

He's contributed more than Balotelli has and pretty much equal to Borini which is £25M+ worth of strikers.

It's not like he hasn't contributed.

• Upvote 10

As I said in a thread after the Chelsea game, I don't care how many caps he's won for Italy or goals he's scored for them or how many trophies he's won as a peripheral player, I am not having it that Balotelli is better than Lambert. The former is about as poor as it gets. There is not one single definitive quality I can offer for him. No intelligence, poor movement, erratic finishing and that last one is putting it mildly. I don't think I've seen a striker work keepers less than him. He embodies the modern phenomenon of the youtube player in scoring a worldie that trends and gets people talking, ignoring the two dozen or so previous efforts that have gone into row Z or twatted a fan in a wheelchair square in the mush.

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked here a little, but my point is that Lambert is probably the second best conventional striker we've got. I'm not kidding that he's been brilliant because he clearly hasn't and has disappointed a fair few times. At least, unlike Balotelli and Borini, he's actually contributed with a handful of decent performances. I'd also fancy him to contribute more from now until May than either of those two as well.

He'll clearly be off in the summer. It's best for us and for him. Getting shut of him would have been a strange one to say the least because we'd have been lighter in a department we're weak in for one million quid's profit with no chance of getting a replacement in before the window shuts. It just wouldn't have made sense, so I can't get my head around people saying they're gutted he's staying or that he's an unflushable turd like on another thread. I think everyone's in agreement that he's a fourth choice striker promoted beyond his capabilities through no fault of his own, mainly because the £16m superstar we signed has turned out shite, our one top drawer striker is made of crisps and the club have their finger up the arse with regard to getting another decent striker in.

• Upvote 5

As I said in a thread after the Chelsea game, I don't care how many caps he's won for Italy or goals he's scored for them or how many trophies he's won as a peripheral player, I am not having it that Balotelli is better than Lambert. The former is about as poor as it gets. There is not one single definitive quality I can offer for him. No intelligence, poor movement, erratic finishing and that last one is putting it mildly. I don't think I've seen a striker work keepers less than him. He embodies the modern phenomenon of the youtube player in scoring a worldie that trends and gets people talking, ignoring the two dozen or so previous efforts that have gone into row Z or twatted a fan in a wheelchair square in the mush.

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked here a little, but my point is that Lambert is probably the second best conventional striker we've got. I'm not kidding that he's been brilliant because he clearly hasn't and has disappointed a fair few times. At least, unlike Balotelli and Borini, he's actually contributed with a handful of decent performances. I'd also fancy him to contribute more from now until May than either of those two as well.

He'll clearly be off in the summer. It's best for us and for him. Getting shut of him would have been a strange one to say the least because we'd have been lighter in a department we're weak in for one million quid's profit with no chance of getting a replacement in before the window shuts. It just wouldn't have made sense, so I can't get my head around people saying they're gutted he's staying or that he's an unflushable turd like on another thread. I think everyone's in agreement that he's a fourth choice striker promoted beyond his capabilities through no fault of his own, mainly because the £16m superstar we signed has turned out shite, our one top drawer striker is made of crisps and the club have their finger up the arse with regard to getting another decent striker in.

By the way I called him, along with a handful of other players unflushable turds on another thread.....Meant in terms of it seemed we could get rid earlier but none wanted to go. I do though totally agree that bin bagging Lambert in the last few hours of the window made no sense, no point in weakening an area we are already laughably weak in already further, and leaving just Balotelli and Borini as cover/subs for Sturridge, as I also stated on another thread. Lambert probably is the best of those back up options.

What we should have been looking at was bin bagging the likes of him, Johnson and Enrique for example, or perm any three from a few nice and early in the window and using the money to get somebody decent in up front.