You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rickie Lambert

bouncebrigade

25 appearances, 2 goals and he couldn’t even fucking run.

Complete dogshit.

He was hardly picked and then didnt get any service when he did. I'm not saying he was particularly good but it helps if you buy somebody who fits your style of play. We are still having the same problems that made the Lambert signing strange as we have had similarly as long with Mignolet. You buy players who fit your system and not just sign and hope for the best. At least Klopp has done much better on this score even if some of the quality isnt much better.

25 appearances, 2 goals and he couldn’t even fucking run.

Complete dogshit.

I said he wasnt dogshit in the Championship and got Southampton promoted. True

On 13 March 2012, Lambert was named the Championship Player of the Year for 2011.[62] He scored his fourth hat-trick of the season in a 3–2 victory at Millwall. While at Southampton, Lambert has not yet missed a penalty; giving him a 100% conversion rate. He scored both goals in a 2–0 victory at Crystal Palace to bring his goal tally to 30 for the season. He was then named in the 2011–12 PFA Championship Team of the Year, along with teammates Adam Lallana and Kelvin Davis. He finished the season with 31 goals, 27 in the league, as Saints clinched promotion to the Premier League, earning him the Southampton Fans' Player of the Season award for the second time in three year

I said he wasnt dogshit in the Championship and got Southampton promoted. True

On 13 March 2012, Lambert was named the Championship Player of the Year for 2011.[62] He scored his fourth hat-trick of the season in a 3–2 victory at Millwall. While at Southampton, Lambert has not yet missed a penalty; giving him a 100% conversion rate. He scored both goals in a 2–0 victory at Crystal Palace to bring his goal tally to 30 for the season. He was then named in the 2011–12 PFA Championship Team of the Year, along with teammates Adam Lallana and Kelvin Davis. He finished the season with 31 goals, 27 in the league, as Saints clinched promotion to the Premier League, earning him the Southampton Fans' Player of the Season award for the second time in three year

I couldn’t give a flying fuck what he did for Southampton.

He was utter dogshit for us.

Usually when we sign a player there's some type of feeling of excitement and hope. I remember when we signed him, the only feeling i could muster was just bafflement. It was inconceivable on every level. 

Then that bafflement was exacerbated by the overwhelming positivity towards the signing and all our ex players acting like a cult saying "he will be great for us". It was like 'They Live'. Does anyone else see that he's old, fat, slow and shit?

• Upvote 1

Usually when we sign a player there's some type of feeling of excitement and hope. I remember when we signed him, the only feeling i could muster was just bafflement. It was inconceivable on every level.

Then that bafflement was exacerbated by the overwhelming positivity towards the signing and all our ex players acting like a cult saying "he will be great for us". It was like 'They Live'. Does anyone else see that he's old, fat, slow and shit?

He spilled your pint too?

I couldn’t give a flying fuck what he did for Southampton.

He was utter dogshit for us.

Back in the dim and distant past my original point was that he was shite for us but it was a stupid sentimental signing ,. He was not a premiership player . I think basically we agree but I like the fella and wanted to make the point it was unfair to label him dogshit. He had an outstanding career in the lower leagues . The idiots that brought him Anfield are the real turds here, 

A lot of good Liverpool players did once ply their trade at Southampton. At one end of the scale you have Lambert, then work your way up past Lallana. At the top end there are success stories such as Mane and the Ox. Take the rough with the smooth.

Success stories like the Ox? Woah,far too early to say and from early glimpses success is way beyond the horizon at present.

• Upvote 1

Back in the dim and distant past my original point was that he was shite for us but it was a stupid sentimental signing ,. He was not a premiership player . I think basically we agree but I like the fella and wanted to make the point it was unfair to label him dogshit. He had an outstanding career in the lower leagues . The idiots that brought him Anfield are the real turds here,

I’m jealous of a lifelong red getting the opportunity to play for us and scoring for us.

But the signings of Lambert etc are exactly why we’ve gone so long without winning the league.