You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rickie Lambert

bouncebrigade

Did a job tonigjt, even though he spent most of it offside. Let's be honest, it was a £4m punt, and it's paying off. I don't think many expected him to be leading our attack in December, when we signed him, but at least he gives us something to hit, when we need to get rid, and he's a decent option. I'm just glad it hasn't ended up on tears, and he has at least shown a bit of quality whilst playing for us

Hes been impressive lately Imo, he looks noticeably faster to me which makes me believe his early poor form was down to a lack of fitness.

He is dominant in the air winning most duels and can link up the play, he needs the right service and pace around him,I felt markovic should have came on in the second half last night.

Promising signs and he's looking like a solid player, cant complain with him as third choice.

The overall shortcomings of Lambert and Borini are self-evident, the trick for Brendan is to get the best out of what we have for the time being.

Lambert needs a run of games, and is getting that, and at least looks as though he is trying to make a contribution.

Thought he was poor last night.

Ground to a halt.

But worth sticking with him and Lallana.

Rodgers hasn't got anything else on the go as an option anyway.

He set up a goal with a good knockdown that was meant and got one of their players sent off from a run he made, he was offside badly two or three times but it was a good performance where he definitely contributed.

The overall shortcomings of Lambert and Borini are self-evident, the trick for Brendan is to get the best out of what we have for the time being.

Lambert needs a run of games, and is getting that, and at least looks as though he is trying to make a contribution.

wonder will borini make the bench v Basle.

I ve more or less forgotten about him and so has rodgers by the looks of it.

Has to play when Lallana does.

Its important for players to have a good understanding of each other's game and this applies to Lambert and Lallana.

I think criticism is a bit harsh as he was bought as 3rd or 4th striker and its not his fault the players ahead of him are either made out of Sticklebrix or are shite.

• Upvote 1

Exactly, he was our third choice at best and is doing better than our 'star' signing Mario at present. He'll have to do for now. Finally looks like he is shrugging off the 'im actually playing for Liverpool' tag in his head perhaps?

No he wont have to do. He's rubbish; nice guy, reds supporter and all that but he was bought as a bench warmer to do the odd shift and that is exactly what he is. Not his fault but not a prayer he will give us any more than he has shown which is a fraction of what is required. He;s slow and easily marked and where before we had electric pace up top now every team we play now presses a high line and puts our back line under constant pressure which they can't deal with. Fucking hell a 10 man Leicester gave us a roasting for 20 minutes because we have no threat on the break and they could go one on one with Lambert.

Sturridge is clearly got some serious issues and the other two muppets are not worth a wank. We have to sign a credible striker with some pace in January or we can write off this season