You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ludogorets v Liverpool UEFA CL Wed 26 Nov

Guest davelfc

Defensively they looked a lot better tonight the first goal was shocking the second yeah it's not great to lose a goal of a corner but as goals off corners go it was one anyone could concede at least it wasn't a header straight in for a change. As Neville said on Sky you ain't gonna just turn up and hammer these after playing so shite all season long.

If we can follow this with a win in Saturday hopefully we can get a run and confidence going.

Yea watched it on Rte. Less biased.

Good old ding dong going on between Giles and Didi and Dunphy over the merits of manager vs comittee signings.  It ended up with them all being more confused than they were at the start of the discussion.  Funny shit

defensively it was a lot better, and Gerrard helped the attack, so they are positives.

However, the late goal. Surely that was Mignolet's ball to claim. Bruce has a point. And it finally explained why Brendan is picking Johnson ahead of Moreno, who is still a work in progress defensively, as well as being too small to cover for our centre halves when they go up for corners. Not that Johnson is a good option, mind. Flanno where are you?

Conclusions:  We are better without Lovren, and with Gerrard attacking. But we still have a goalie on his line.

Doesn't help that we've had fuck all luck since the start of the season

What luck? We don't deserve any luck. You create your own luck in this game. I can't recall a single game this season we deserved to win but didn't through lack of luck (Everton maybe?). If anything, the QPR game is one we were bloody lucky to win.

And, if you mean the late goals conceded as the one today, then it's hardly bad luck. Just like you create your own luck, you also encourage your own bad luck onto yourself. It was coward-like managing from our manager today, and he got exactly what we asked for.

• Upvote 1

I can't remember a time when i've actively wanted to slap more members of our squad than i do right now. I'd love to slap Glen Johnson's stupid head, preferably from a vantage point so he can't do anything about it. "Stop hitting yourself Glen" "Stop hitting yourself" over and over.

• Upvote 1

I see Rodgers called us outstanding against the Bulgarian fisherman. Lambert says we answered our critics. Easily pleased our lot.

Liverpool have had a one goal lead after 85 mins six times in all comps this season. They've lost that lead six times.

nothing new in our club in the last 20 years - if you accept mediocrity and applaud your limitations you become confined by them

I see Rodgers called us outstanding against the Bulgarian fisherman. Lambert says we answered our critics. Easily pleased our lot.

Liverpool have had a one goal lead after 85 mins six times in all comps this season. They've lost that lead six times.

The game reminded me of a Hodgson performance and so do those comments.

Can any one tell me why we have the son of Jay Leno in goal? He's about as funny as his Dad anyway. That first goal was pathetic. He is officially shite. I hate him now. 

Puzzled when we signed him puzzled that he walks straight into the team.  Jones is better than this clown and he's shit as well.

• Upvote 1

What a Godawful substitution that was.

Fair enough Sterling was injured but surely Coutinho could of come on. They had three strikers on at that stage and took off their deep lying midfielder, so were ripe for the counter but no, fucking master tactician Rodgers decides to go all out defence and actively invites all kinds of pressure that we just were`nt under all second half and were`nt likely to be until he handed them the initiative on a plate.

Fucking moron!