You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Never Rated Rodgers Thread

Strontium

Think Faustus made a good point earlier in the thread, how much was the Chelsea game Rodger's fault and how much was it the slip that let them in for the goal.

Because they did fuck all else in that game. 

In fairness maybe the giant gap that was there for Demba Ba to run into was stupid tactically but it was such a freak accident. Had it not occured who knows how the game would have gone. All old ground though I suppose.

They barely got into our half in the first half, i don't think Rodgers can be blamed for that game.

If we had went in at 0-0 (which we we're a minute or two from doing) it would have been job done, the game would most definately have opened up in the 2nd half, probably with around 20/25 minutes left as Chelsea would have had to come out and have a go, that would have given us the chance to win it and the roll we we're on i think we would have.

If Rodgers had changed the winning formula and we had lost he would have been absolutely hammered and rightly so, a lot of shit is easy in hindsight.

There's nothing like a healthy dose of honesty. Ive not seen anything yet to turn around my initial reaction of "who's this learner?"

I cannot have respect for a coacher of footballers who never had long respected career as one himself. It's the blind leading the blind.

I fell in love with Luis Suarez last season, and now he's gone, I see Rodgers in the light of day. Mediocre.

On top of this, the guy is emotionally immature. He's having a mid life crisis (easy to spot when you've been through it). He's cunt struck - a common symptom. Dont try to tell me it wont affect his judgement, because that is plain bullshit.

Whatever he learned last season, has been emptied from his grey cells.

You should change your username to CockOut.

Total roller coaster of emotions with Rodgers for me. I was gutted he got the job. Thought he was a massive cock. After the first January I thought he was a progressive manager who learns fast. I ignored the fact that I thought he was a smarmy twat because he was producing a great attacking team. He totally won me over last season. I now feel totally gutted. Whether you want to face the reality or not, we're regressing badly. I'm desperate for him to succeed. The attacking football we played last season was breathtaking at times. I've been watching Liverpool for nearly 40 years, and you see the same signs when a manager is struggling. Grasping at straws in post match interviews, baffling selections and being totally stubborn by continually picking certain players.

They barely got into our half in the first half, i don't think Rodgers can be blamed for that game.

If we had went in at 0-0 (which we we're a minute or two from doing) it would have been job done, the game would most definately have opened up in the 2nd half, probably with around 20/25 minutes left as Chelsea would have had to come out and have a go, that would have given us the chance to win it and the roll we we're on i think we would have.

If Rodgers had changed the winning formula and we had lost he would have been absolutely hammered and rightly so, a lot of shit is easy in hindsight.

Who knows? What's certain is we had time to talk it over at the half and a full 45'+ to get an equalizer and never even came fucking close to doing so. We had our chance.

What could have happened, did happen.

What fucking irony!

Total roller coaster of emotions with Rodgers for me. I was gutted he got the job. Thought he was a massive cock. After the first January I thought he was a progressive manager who learns fast. I ignored the fact that I thought he was a smarmy twat because he was producing a great attacking team. He totally won me over last season. I know feel totally gutted. Whether you want to face the reality or not, we're regressing badly. I'm desperate for him to succeed. The attacking football we played last season was breathtaking at times. I've been watching Liverpool for nearly 40 years, and you see the same signs when a manager is struggling. Grasping at straws in post match interviews, baffling selections and being totally stubborn by continually picking certain players.

Wrong thread for you then.

you need to go to the  ; Didn't rate him, then liked him, then loved him, now don't rate him thread.

There's nothing like a healthy dose of honesty. Ive not seen anything yet to turn around my initial reaction of "who's this learner?"

I cannot have respect for a coacher of footballers who never had long respected career as one himself. It's the blind leading the blind.

I fell in love with Luis Suarez last season, and now he's gone, I see Rodgers in the light of day. Mediocre.

On top of this, the guy is emotionally immature. He's having a mid life crisis (easy to spot when you've been through it). He's cunt struck - a common symptom. Dont try to tell me it wont affect his judgement, because that is plain bullshit.

Whatever he learned last season, has been emptied from his grey cells.

Do you remember Rafa being a top player ?

Cos I remember him being a top coach.

Or Mourinho ?

So that's pish for starters.

The problem this season is that we're still playing a quarterback but we don't have the receivers.  Instead we've resorted to a poor running game and keep getting sacked 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.  Trust me; I've been a Dolphins fan for over 25 years, I've seen this shit happen before...

And our Special Teams suck. 

Rodgers you magnificent bastard, where are you? 

If you are reading this, and to be honest you seem more like a RAWK type, but anyway here's hoping you have better taste in forums than you do in crumpet...

Well anyway, Brendan, You're almost completely in the shitter, but I'm going to tell you what to do to get yourself out of this sticky predicament. Firstly, and by god, most abso-fucking-lutely important, is to drop Steven Motherfucking Legend Gerrard from the slow controller role. Play him for 24 and a half minutes and 14 seconds precisely, and only...wait for it...in an attacking role. Got it? Good !

Next, you shiny toothed crumpet crazy, space nozzle, I need you, scratch that, we need you, the supporters need you (remember us? remember the cozy, intimate, let's have a fucking tactical chat by the football fireside all week long us?), to play with two, count them, two strikers upfront. Just in case there is any confusion, that means 1+1 more striker up front. 

Next on the list of pain is to drop Glen slowglo, cocaine is a helluva drug Johnson from the teamgroup, balcony and maybe we can just call it a fucking night yeah? I mean spare us the fucking agony of bobble-head for sweet mercy's sake. We have the young willow Manquillo, and Senor Moreno, so why fuck around with Goslow unless you are some kind of mass sadistic bastard who enjoys hurting those who love most. 

Ok while we are on the painful subject of the, for want of a better word, Defence, here's something to consider: Don't fucking play Lovren again or you'll wake up to a remake of The Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman and Lawrence Olivier and I'll be asking you "Is it safe?"

It's not rocket science Brendan. Go and ask your dentist. Sweets cause toothe decay, Lovren causes goals. Always brush with Kolo to avoid Plaques that say, "here doth lie sweet-tooth Rodgers, he did nibble on the forbidden bush and got his arse burned."

Ok now, let's get to the mid-muthafucking-field.

We are in a war Brendan. It's all your fault but I can't get into that right now. What we need to talk about is how to win this filthy war. That's our focus. Blame and recrimination can come later, and believe me, there will be an inquest into this folly but right now isn't the time. Let's talk about fire Rodgers, because there's one burning underneath your ass and a distinct lack of one in our midfield. Let's talk about Can. Chan. Charlie. Turkish Charles has to play Brendan, and I'm talking every game from now on. Same with Lallana. He's your boy so stop treating him like a red-headed step child and show him some of that Rodgers love. Hendo needs you, as does Allen. You've neglected them badly and maybe permanently, who knows? But I can't get into that right now...

All I can say is that you are living on borrowed time. You need to zip it up, give it a wash and take down all the mirrors off your ceilings. The portrait has to come down. This is no time for navel gazing or staring at the portrait and having who blinks first contests Brendan. This shit is so serious I had to do a quadruple post on here the other day. Do you know how fucken painful that was?

• Upvote 10

If it was cocaine he'd play like Maradona or at least like Adrian Mutu. At our Right Back position we're witnessing symptoms of use and abuse of some sort of opiate...

Anyway, cute post by Kimi Iceman.

For the record, I've seen it in other posts and articles. I don't think that Rodgers bleached his teeth. He has replaced his Dracula teeth with new fake, but perfect ones, just like Christiano Ronaldo and many other Hollywood actors. It's an expensive process. Like very expensive.

I've major questions of Brendan right now, but it pisses me off how a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork right now to have a pop. We had 18 months of terrific football (the second half of his first season we were very good).

We are in free fall right now. It happens with great teams and very good teams - Dortmund this year is an example. We were a good team with two world class strikers last season, now we're as bad defensively, more bereft in midfield with an overdependence on a 34 year old and toothless up front. Brendan will show good he is by how he turns this around in the coming months. He deserves that chance.

For what it's worth, I think Can, Moreno and Manquillo will become very good players. Lallana is a 15 million pound player and we badly overpaid but he's clearly a good player. Markovic looks disgracefully bad, but he's a young fella. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

The real glaring problem of his signings is lovren. The guy is a fucking mess. Within two or three games, I wanted him out of the team. At least with Sakho, I can see genuine qualities there. Brendan needs to throw his hands up and accept he fucked up with this one. If he doesn't, then he has only himself to blame.

Btw if he does get the boot which I don't want right now, we should move hell and earth for Klopp.

Decent coach,not so great as a manager.

I always felt last season was going to turn out the way it did due to our defence being the way it has been since Rodgers took over. Not being able to shut out teams and not addressing the DM problem will be the things which ultimately define his time with us.

This said,maybe FSG's transfer policy has frustrated him too and he's remained silent over it,who knows?

I do think that after last season Rodgers and his staff basked in the glory of a near miss and didnt work hard enough to rebuild the attitude and morale of the squad after Suarez move.

• Upvote 1

The real glaring problem of his signings is lovren. The guy is a fucking mess. Within two or three games, I wanted him out of the team. At least with Sakho, I can see genuine qualities there. Brendan needs to throw his hands up and accept he fucked up with this one. If he doesn't, then he has only himself to blame.

This is the exact reason we are so bad. besides the fact we can't score, we can't even defend. Lovren is a joke of a CB and Rodgers needs to put his hands up and admit defeat with him.

He should be sold off in Jan, I'd take 10mil just to save on wages and give the team a chance to recover.

• Upvote 1

Dont think this needs its own thread but is it ashton shit stirring or is he on the button?

Mario Balotelli has riled team-mates and Steven Gerrard hasn't been happy since Real Madrid snub... can Brendan Rodgers stop the rot at Liverpool?

By Neil Ashton for the Daily Mail

Published: 22:43, 24 November 2014 | Updated: 12:45, 25 November 2014

Just before the lights threatened to go out on Liverpool’s season, the players’ phones lit up with news on social media that Mario Balotelli had made his way to the Echo Arena.

The Liverpool forward, casually dressed in three-quarter length jeans and camouflage loafers, had taken a front-row seat to watch Tony Bellew and Nathan Cleverly slug it out over 12 rounds.

At that point, a few Liverpool players at their team hotel in London wanted to get the Italian in the ring.

1416697136701_Image_galleryImage_LIVERPO

Mario Balotelli (right) sat and watched the boxing from a ringside seat at the Echo Arena on Saturday night

Ostensibly, Balotelli had permission to do whatever he wanted because a hamstring injury ruled him out of the 450-mile round trip for Sunday’s 3-1 defeat at Crystal Palace.

But, after four defeats in a row for Brendan Rodgers and his team, the done thing is to keep your head down.

The publicity did not go down well at breakfast the following morning, but nobody within the Liverpool camp was particularly surprised by Balotelli’s appearance. It was a new low.

Since Balotelli’s arrival at Anfield his attitude, particularly towards some of the younger players at the squad, has created tension within the dressing room.

During a series of television interviews given by the Italian before the Palace game, he claimed he was working harder than at any other time in his career.

It was a remarkable declaration for a player who has not scored a goal in the Premier League since netting at Wigan on November 28, 2012, when he was still a Manchester City player.

On the pitch, his movement — with the exception of his debut against Tottenham and his goal in the Champions League against Ludogorets — has been non-existent. He is vacuous.

The spirit at Liverpool, built up last season during their dramatic chase for the Premier League title, has been eroded by the forward’s presence on the training ground.

There are further issues within the Liverpool dressing room too, something Rodgers alluded to in his analysis of his team’s wretched defeat at Palace.

Liverpool’s manager admitted they are ‘low on confidence’, but went on to say that they ‘had been a close group . . . but had to make changes’.

Those refinements have not suited a team that finished within a whisker of beating Manchester City to the title last season.

On Sunday, as Steven Gerrard waited to lead his team out at Selhurst Park, he stood with his chin resting in the palm of his hand. He looked as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Liverpool’s captain has been troubled since he was left out of the team to face Real Madrid at the Bernabeu on November 4.

236FE68300000578-2847677-image-16_141687

Raheem Sterling has been in good form, but looks in desperate need of a rest

22DA4D7300000578-2847677-image-43_141685

Steven Gerrard dropped to the bench for Liverpool's Champions League match against Real Madrid

NUMBERS THAT DON'T ADD UP

4 - Liverpool are just four points above the drop zone

20th - Liverpool are far closer to the bottom of the league (six points off) than they are the top (18 points off)

1.3 - Goals per game let in by Rodgers’ side, the worst rate of any Liverpool boss in nearly 50 years.

10 - Rodgers’ side have 10 fewer points than they did at this stage last season

6 - Liverpool have lost six and won four league games this season. In the equivalent set of fixtures last season they won six and lost three

38% - Liverpool have kept clean sheets in 38 per cent of Rodgers’ games

Four core players — Gerrard, Raheem Sterling, Philippe Coutinho and Jordan Henderson — had slogged their guts out last season for the right to start in games like that.

They had travelled to Spain, returned to Liverpool midway through the night and then faced Chelsea in the lunchtime kick-off at Anfield the following Saturday. They lost 2-1.

Now that the team are five points off a place in the Champions League and are battling to stay in the competition this week, there are no guarantees any of them will return to the Bernabeu any time soon.

They have lost four successive games and Gerrard, who usually fronts up whatever the manner of a defeat, could not get on the team bus quick enough after Sunday’s loss.

Sterling, meanwhile, is in desperate need of a rest. In addition, his contract remains unsigned.

236E19B400000578-2847677-image-14_141687

The Liverpool captain was quick to get on the team bus following his side's latest defeat

236E548100000578-2847677-image-45_141685

Rodgers' side have won just four of the first 12 Premier League games so far this season

2375126400000578-2847677-Raheem_Sterling

Sterling appeared downbeat on Monday as Liverpool's woeful start to the season continued

Alberto Moreno looked lost when he wandered out of the wrong exit at Selhurst Park and little wonder after an orthodox right-back — Glen Johnson — was preferred to him at left-back.

Rickie Lambert, who scored his first Premier League goal since joining his boyhood club, told Sky Sports that the attitude of the players had not been good enough.

The defeat at Palace has caused Fenway Sports Group to take an even greater interest in the running of the team after Rodgers admitted he is fighting to save his job.

The club’s owners are known to keep tabs on every newspaper, television programme and blog as they gauge supporter opinion in an environment they openly admit to knowing very little about.

236CC57900000578-2847677-image-13_141687

Rickie Lambert told Sky Sports that the attitude of the players had not been good enough

2374955100000578-2847677-Mario_Balotelli

Balotelli arrives at Liverpool's Melwood training ground on Monday after their loss to Crystal Palace

21B0EC3400000578-2847677-image-11_141687

Liverpool haven't been able to reproduce the brilliant form from their 2013-14 Premier League campaign 

John W Henry, Liverpool chairman Tom Werner and the influential director Michael Gordon are a ruthless bunch and are easily swayed by supporter feeling.

Roy Hodgson, Damien Comolli and Kenny Dalglish, recently appointed as a club ambassador, still bear the scars of their brutal approach to the business of running a football team.

Stateside, observers are looking at the £200million investment in the team and question the failure to re-establish Liverpool among the elite of English and European football.

They are aware of the tension brewing between the club’s director of technical performance Michael Edwards and Rodgers over Liverpool’s transfer policy.

After making it to the group phase of the Champions League, Fenway did not spend £200m to hear that their famous team is in transition.

236E28AA00000578-2847677-image-49_141685

Reds boss Rodgers has admitted that he is fighting to save his job at Anfield