You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

Just been the tip. I dont know why I love a trip to the tip getting rid of a load of shite, launching it into a giant skip while the sun is warm on the back of my neck. I always think I wouldn't mind a job at the tip, take a book sit in a hut drinking tea it's a simple life. I'm sure the pay is shit.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just been the tip. I dont know why I love a trip to the tip getting rid of a load of shite, launching it into a giant skip while the sun is warm on the back of my neck. I always think I wouldn't mind a job at the tip, take a book sit in a hut drinking tea it's a simple life. I'm sure the pay is shit.

I love the tip. Constantly surprised at what people throw away. Maybe the novelty wears off eventually. 

24 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

You have to show I.D. to gain access to our nearest tip. It was easier to buy a bottle of diamond white as an underaged drinker than it is to offload rubbish. 

They’ve probably got a VIP area as well, although I’ve never had the pleasure. 

I go to the tip that often I get waved through. VIP TIP

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Britain’s Best Tip would make a belting TV show. One Tip voted off each week until an overall winner is crowned. 

I’d sooner watch a show about actual rubbish, than those that are just rubbish. 

I think there is a tv programme in who can bring back the most valuable item. The quality of what gets dumped probably correlates to the local economy but there must be a point ( a tipping point !) where the locals are so rich they don’t go to the tip but pay someone to take their crap away. Ours is pretty good but the operatives are very strict about people taking stuff away.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I think there is a tv programme in who can bring back the most valuable item. The quality of what gets dumped probably correlates to the local economy but there must be a point ( a tipping point !) where the locals are so rich they don’t go to the tip but pay someone to take their crap away. Ours is pretty good but the operatives are very strict about people taking stuff away.  

Our tip (Rose Hill Marple) is on that programme 

This is an actual review of our tip. Possibly the dullest thing I’ve ever read. 

Michael Shilling

5 months ago
We drove in and parked in a space for mattresses which was lucky because we had a mattress to depose of.
I put the mattress in the mattress skip which was located right by the mattress disposal car park space.
Then we left.
As a family day out it lacked adventure but it was a new experience we all enjoyed
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Britain’s Best Tip would make a belting TV show. One Tip voted off each week until an overall winner is crowned. 

Work in Scrapheap Challenge and you've got an Apprentice-like show. 

The Tip. "Yer binned". 

• Upvote 2

On 12/06/2022 at 13:20, YorkshireRed said:

Top Tips?

• Upvote 1

On 12/06/2022 at 13:20, YorkshireRed said:

If it contains mild swearing - PG Tips.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if anyone does this but leaving sweets or stuff you like in places you're going to come across later in the week. Found some beers in a cupboard last night and sweets in my car this morning. Also prevents the misses from eating all the decent stuff. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bot said:

I don't know if anyone does this but leaving sweets or stuff you like in places you're going to come across later in the week. Found some beers in a cupboard last night and sweets in my car this morning. Also prevents the misses from eating all the decent stuff. 

I do that, I have an old brick type building at the back of the house that is a converted bike maintenance shed, I have a workbench with office chair, tv, soundbar, small fridge of drinks and a lockable drawer with chocolates, crisps etc out of the way of the kids.

If it had a bog I'd live in it.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bot said:

We used to do this thing where we hid the daughter's easter eggs around the house and tell her the easter bunny had done it. Best day of my life when I was doing some housework and a Cadburys Buttons egg fell out from behind a curtain a week or so later.

• Upvote 2