You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

• 2 weeks later...

USB ports.  One of them broken on my laptop, so I bought a USB three way adapter thingy which turns one USB port into three.  Then the headphone jack output socket on my laptop broke, so I bought an adapter thingy which plugs into the USB port and has its own headphone jack output.  When they cure AIDS, it will be through a USB adapter.   

Was driving home earlier and listening to LBC about bereavement following the death of Tom Parker. A father who has been diagnosed with cancer came on and discussed how his cancer worsens every 28 days or so. He said that since the diagnosis he'd been writing a letter two his two sons for them to read when he's gone. He'd been making notes of moments that made him laugh, smile or proud and including them in the letter. He wanted them to read it and know despite the sadness, there were many moments of happiness in the latter stages of his life. 

Eddie Muir closed it with a question something along the lines of, even though you may not be here, radio always will be. Would you like to leave them a message for them so you can include that in your memory box? 

The fella teared up (could hear the question took him completely out of the blue) and left them a little message saying that he hopes they're not annoying their mother and that he'll see them someday again. 

Just thought it was a beautiful moment. 

Life is short - here's a little prompt to tell someone close to you how much you love them. Who knows what tomorrow brings. Enjoy the now, fuck the noise, do whatever the fuck makes you happy. We don't get this time back. 

Love you all. x

• Upvote 14

5 minutes ago, Bot said:

Was driving home earlier and listening to LBC about bereavement following the death of Tom Parker. A father who has been diagnosed with cancer came on and discussed how his cancer worsens every 28 days or so. He said that since the diagnosis he'd been writing a letter two his two sons for them to read when he's gone. He'd been making notes of moments that made him laugh, smile or proud and including them in the letter. He wanted them to read it and know despite the sadness, there were many moments of happiness in the latter stages of his life. 

Eddie Muir closed it with a question something along the lines of, even though you may not be here, radio always will be. Would you like to leave them a message for them so you can include that in your memory box? 

The fella teared up (could hear the question took him completely out of the blue) and left them a little message saying that he hopes they're not annoying their mother and that he'll see them someday again. 

Just thought it was a beautiful moment. 

Life is short - here's a little prompt to tell someone close to you how much you love them. Who knows what tomorrow brings. Enjoy the now, fuck the noise, do whatever the fuck makes you happy. We don't get this time back. 

Love you all. x

Nearly crying just reading that! 

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

If you know, you know 

13B47AFE-FD32-47AC-8CEA-BB00ECFDB44B.jpeg

Aaaah. 6 old ladies in residence, carers are away for easter weekend with their family so you can bludgeon each one to death and have time for a wank and a shit in each flat? 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b183zsr7iu0yde0so6ww

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Aaaah. 6 old ladies in residence, carers are away for easter weekend with their family so you can bludgeon each one to death and have time for a wank and a shit in each flat? 

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b183zsr7iu0yde0so6ww

Ha ha. I think DNA detection has put an end to intruders defecating in victim’s houses. One for a 1970s nostalgia thread. 

Yesterday I watched a blue tit fly towards a bird box we have propped up against our shed. We’ve never actually put it properly. The blue tit seemed to have a quick look at the bird box and flew off and then as I continued to look in that direction a blue tit actually flew out from the box. I just wasn’t expecting it at all. It was just wonderful 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Champ said:

Yesterday I watched a blue tit fly towards a bird box we have propped up against our shed. We’ve never actually put it properly. The blue tit seemed to have a quick look at the bird box and flew off and then as I continued to look in that direction a blue tit actually flew out from the box. I just wasn’t expecting it at all. It was just wonderful 

My neighbour has had a succession of robins nesting on a shelf in his garage. I'd love that - even though he said they are a pain in the arse as they make a mess and he can't go in for 6 weeks at a time while the chicks fledge.

10 hours ago, Champ said:

On a similar note. We look after our Grandaughter each Monday(except Bank Holidays)while my daughter and son in law go to work again after lockdown. We visit their local pond to see and feed the ducks. I've also taught her that 'Daddy Duck' has a green head and 'Mummy Duck' is mainly all brown. For the last couple of weeks there had been an absence of 'Mummy Ducks.' So last week when we visited there seemed to be a getting together again of both sexes and we did our tradition feeding of the ducks. After a few minutes in the distance appeared a lone Mummy Duck but with a load of 'baby ducks' ten in total.My Grandaughter saw them and was beside herself with excitement as we watched them exit the pond in formation and waddle off to a smaller pond nearby. She didn't stop talking about it for ages. Picture below shows group of them.

One of life's joys.

IMG-20220414-WA0011.jpg

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

On a similar note. We look after our Grandaughter each Monday(except Bank Holidays)while my daughter and son in law go to work again after lockdown. We visit their local pond to see and feed the ducks. I've also taught her that 'Daddy Duck' has a green head and 'Mummy Duck' is mainly all brown. For the last couple of weeks there had been an absence of 'Mummy Ducks.' So last week when we visited there seemed to be a getting together again of both sexes and we did our tradition feeding of the ducks. After a few minutes in the distance appeared a lone Mummy Duck but with a load of 'baby ducks' ten in total.My Grandaughter saw them and was beside herself with excitement as we watched them exit the pond in formation and waddle off to a smaller pond nearby. She didn't stop talking about it for ages. Picture below shows group of them.

One of life's joys.

IMG-20220414-WA0011.jpg

A magic moment. 

On 21/03/2022 at 20:00, Elite said:

Having a bit of fun with those spam callers like life insurance, etc.

Had one today asking about debts, so I spent a few minutes regaling a tale of how I owe money to Tony Soprano and how I'm scared that he's going to send Furio around to break my legs, so could he please speak to him on my behalf.

The poor cunt was stuttering like fuck and obviously thought I was mental.

I get the ones saying they can help me claim compensation for my car accident, they all seem to hang up when I say "even though I killed all those people".**

**Disclaimer, there is a strong chance that I actually started doing that after someone on here said they did the same thing, or maybe I've posted that before and that's why I am having deja vu. Or alternatively I'm just slowly losing my mind and descending further into madness, or maybe my memories just shit. I don't know, to be honest I don't really know what's going on here, or even why I am still typing this shit right now. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...