You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

What an incredible teacher. 

Fantastic.

My daughter is a teacher at a special needs school and works with children with all types of disabilities. She comes home from work shattered but she says it's the best and most rewarding teaching post she's ever had because she knows she's making a difference.

Proud as fuck I am.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

I was round at me Mums this afternoon, she's 84 and dementia getting worse by the day, and we were looking at old photos from years ago, some were from her days at the Allinsons Theatre Club Litherland and it was lovely to see her face light up when looking at some with Bill Fredericks from the Drifters and Frankie Laine amongst others having drinks after the show, i think a lot of the older girls swooned on Frankie Laine when he was on. 

It made my day. 

• Upvote 13

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/01/2022 at 20:20, Mook said:

Watching one of the cats drinking from their bowl of water.

I'm not sure why but it fills me with joy, the ridiculous way they poke their tongue in and out of the water.

I've always liked that too.

Our current cats always seem to misjudge and end up snorting some water at their first attempt.

Our old one had it sussed, used to tilt his head to one side and then adjust once he'd found the water level.

I miss the old one, he was a total psycho but absolutely mint. His ashes are in the front room as I couldn't bring myself to actually scatter them. 

Also really like the way they lick their front paw so they can wash their faces. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I've always liked that too.

Our current cats always seem to misjudge and end up snorting some water at their first attempt.

Our old one had it sussed, used to tilt his head to one side and then adjust once he'd found the water level.

I miss the old one, he was a total psycho but absolutely mint. His ashes are in the front room as I couldn't bring myself to actually scatter them. 

Also really like the way they lick their front paw so they can wash their faces. 

One day we were talking about how our old cat, Art didn't really act like a cat at all & almost instantaneously he started doing that. It was as if he'd heard us and thought, 'Quick, act like a cat.'.

Didn't even know these were a thing until yesterday and ordered one on Amazon. I've been having microwave toasties all day. Cook for 2 minutes, flip over, cook for 2 minutes. Crispy hot toastie and it pops straight into the dishwasher. 

These are going to change my life at work. 

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 20.24.51.png

7 minutes ago, Bot said:

Didn't even know these were a thing until yesterday and ordered one on Amazon. I've been having microwave toasties all day. Cook for 2 minutes, flip over, cook for 2 minutes. Crispy hot toastie and it pops straight into the dishwasher. 

These are going to change my life at work. 

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 20.24.51.png

Does she mind? 

Having a bit of fun with those spam callers like life insurance, etc.

Had one today asking about debts, so I spent a few minutes regaling a tale of how I owe money to Tony Soprano and how I'm scared that he's going to send Furio around to break my legs, so could he please speak to him on my behalf.

The poor cunt was stuttering like fuck and obviously thought I was mental.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Elite said:

Having a bit of fun with those spam callers like life insurance, etc.

Had one today asking about debts, so I spent a few minutes regaling a tale of how I owe money to Tony Soprano and how I'm scared that he's going to send Furio around to break my legs, so could he please speak to him on my behalf.

The poor cunt was stuttering like fuck and obviously thought I was mental.

Fucking hell, they must think they've called Fonejacker when they get through to you.