You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

17 hours ago, Daisy said:

SAP is a cunt

Luckily I only have a limited use of it but some of the lads on the shopfloor use it as part of the paper trail to make sure everything is done properly. My stepson uses it all-day and is a "SAP Technician", the things he's shown me on it blow my head open but he describes it as being a spreadsheet monkey haha.

EAMS on the other hand is a total bastard of a thing.

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’ve been covering a loan her ex took out and secured against the house. She’s now been able to remortgage taking him off the mortgage and removing the loan as well. 

Monthly payments will be less, interest rates are fixed for 5 years and he can go back to sorting his own debts. 

Seems more than a little thing to me, more like the lifting of a dead weight and an open road.

The future starts here!

18 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I’ll risk a neg.

I was successful in the ballot for the Cup Final today, got tickets for me and the boy. When I told him when got home from school he was delighted. 

Is it possible to rep you for making your boy happy and neg you for the unmentionable on the GF in the same post?

Edit,  Repped for your boy.

• Upvote 1

On 30/01/2022 at 13:43, Preston Red said:

Luckily I only have a limited use of it but some of the lads on the shopfloor use it as part of the paper trail to make sure everything is done properly. My stepson uses it all-day and is a "SAP Technician", the things he's shown me on it blow my head open but he describes it as being a spreadsheet monkey haha.

EAMS on the other hand is a total bastard of a thing.

I'm a SAP consultant, I have worked with its various iterations for 23 years. And yes it is.

14 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Best of luck. 

14 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Good luck.

14 hours ago, Elite said:

Working on a sewing machine?

Seriously though, hope you get it.

Thank you fellas.

Got my email when I came back to work this morning to book it and it's a 1.5 hour interview. No doubt it'll be some presentation cobblers too.

I've worked with metals all my working life so working with carbon fibre will be a new experience.

3 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

I suspect if I get my new role I'll be a bit more in depth with it. How far along has it come since you started with it?

In terms of the underlying data it is a lot more integrated, you used to have to reconcile various different areas ( sales to finance for example) whereas now it uses a single document. in terms of usability it now looks less like a computer system and uses a lot more windows functionality and they have made it look better in terms of finding the area you need to be able to cherry pick the bits you need to use and leave the bits you dont want as they are using a front end over the SAP screen.