You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

1 minute ago, Seasons said:

Just been dragged into that & Other Stories shop in town. Misses was looking for some make up and I noticed there was a sink with some soap. Needed to wash my hands anyway and used some soap with tobacco leaves or something. Anyway, hands smell amazing. I've been walking around all afternoon sniffing them.

Still smell boss but swerve paying £5.

Fuck off Golden Virginia hands 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck off Golden Virginia hands 

https://www.stories.com/en_gbp/beauty/bath-body/product.hand-soap-turquoise.0159486033.html

I can't even promote it with the description of: "dry tobacco leaves withering among beloved jasmine and ripe lemon".

It does smell boss though and something you're going to try when you're next in town.

I won't try it like but I do love a scented candle that has a tobacco smell with it. 

On a side note I tried chewing tobacco (On the flight deck of the USS Winston Churchill as it happens) once and it was fucking putrid. 

On 18/05/2019 at 19:45, Bjornebye said:

I won't try it like but I do love a scented candle that has a tobacco smell with it. 

On a side note I tried chewing tobacco (On the flight deck of the USS Winston Churchill as it happens) once and it was fucking putrid. 

I don't smoke, but a gentle woody, sweet tobacco scent is nice. Captain Fawcett's Booze and Baccy beard oil being my face pong of choice.

On my last trip to Vietnam a few months ago, a friend asked if I would talk to the children at her sisters little English private school.

I love Vietnam and the Vietnamese people who are just unbelievably friendly so I jumped at the chance to repay a little of the kindness I've received. I enjoyed it so so so much, I returned for a couple more weekends before I went back to Australia.

I returned to Vietnam a couple of weeks ago and went to the school for a class on the weekend.

As soon as they spotted me, I was mobbed by the kids welcoming me back, it was magic, a truly terrific feeling. Needless to say, I'll be going back.

• Upvote 10

• 2 months later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Went for the weekly shop this afternoon and as usual handed in my loyalty card for points. Done this for a few years now and just never bothered ordering anything from the catalogue as it's usually cheap tat you can get on Amazon for a lot less money than they say it costs. I was actually saving the points for something bigger and had about 45.000 points which relates to 450€ or there about. I never realised you could pay for your shopping with the points for the same exchange system until the young girl on the checkout asked if I wanted to pay with points. Nice smug feeling walking out of the supermarket with 150 notes of shopping I didn't have to part with cash for. I can do the same again for the next two shops, jobs a good un. 

21 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

So it was the final straw?

Thankfully the match came on , he’s ok really but has this tendency to sing songs like that out loud , there’s another equally shite one , can’t remember but similar and he knows all the words to a more upbeat one “nobody told me you were a girlfriend going on boyfriend going on something else bollocks” I know all the crazy lyrics to this if you’ll listen , hard graft.

22 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Thankfully the match came on , he’s ok really but has this tendency to sing songs like that out loud , there’s another equally shite one , can’t remember but similar and he knows all the words to a more upbeat one “nobody told me you were a girlfriend going on boyfriend going on something else bollocks” I know all the crazy lyrics to this if you’ll listen , hard graft.

The Killers. Think its called Somebody Told Me,but not sure.