You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

Got the radio on Greatest Hits Radio there is a phone in competition;

DJ - "Second question....name as many mythical creatures as you can"

Contestant "Ooooh.......we've got Dragons..........we've got Herpes.........oooooh noooo I didnt mean that....."

I cant stop laughing.

• Upvote 1

My new year's resolution was to be less reliant on takeaways.

Anyhows I've been out of the UK and got back yesterday, so had Monday as the day it'd start so i could gorge this weekend before saying goodbye.

I'd chosen specifically this chicken place I love as 'The last meal'

A spicy Korean Chicken burger, with loads of hot sauce, three tenders, with even more stupid amounts of hot sauce.

I place the order and wait...

... 37 minutes go by an an underpaid and underappreciated Ubereats driver thrusts a bag far too big to be my order in to my chest and runs with only the speed that the worst excesses of late stage capitalism compels a man to do.

I open the bag, it's fit to burst.

It is someone elses order!

I contact uber's, now, AI customer interface area to see how this is fixed.

'Keep it and here's a full refund for the inconvience'

I now have a gargantuan feast, with pretty much the whole menu on my kitchen table and a full refund.

Fuck you capitalism, fuck you every other time you Ubereats/Deliveroo fucked up and ruined stuff, fuck you wife who doesn't think I can eat it all, fuck you bowles.

I won today, I fucking won!

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

In the barbers earlier and the guy before me is finished and goes to pay. 

The young lad says        ' £9.50 please '

The guy says                  ' It says £13 on the board '

The young lad says        ' Yes, but its reduced for seniors, Monday to Thursdays '

The guy says                   ' I'm only 52 you cheeky cunt, here's £13 ' and huffs out.

Finished me.

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Skirting with the unmentionable but my youngest just came into the room I’m watching it on.

Given he’s  a teenager I thought he might be interested in knowing that Ed Sheeran is in attendance at Portman Road.

”Guess who’s in the ground?” I said. 

After a bit of cat and mouse, I told him.

”I know that guy, I think”

That he wasn’t sure did make me smile, he knows who the Beatles are, but that wasn’t the main thing. 

I had that a few minutes when he came bounding back in to inform me…

“He’s alive”

”What are you on about?” said I.

”You said he was in the ground, but he’s not dead, he’s alive”

He was genuinely outraged that I’d told him some popstar he was vaguely aware of was deceased, and he very much enjoyed telling me that my choice of language had been a disgrace.

Made me smile. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not exactly a little thing, but didn't know where else to put it, and it definitely brightened my day:

Passersby resccue a fellow from his burning car in Minnesota a couple of days ago.

Men, women, white, black.

I particularly love how all but one of them stay right in there when something explodes around the 34 second mark.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

@Champ

Champ and I are part of the official Merlin worshipper group.

We had a walk along the canal near the Olympic Park on Saturday and picked up all kinds of birds including parakeets, chiffchaff, ringed plover and cetti’s warbler 

• Upvote 1