You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

Souvenir by OMD came on the radio before its like a time machine song for me, as soon as the intro began I was mentally transported back to the 80s, childhood, my mum being young, the sun shining and the company of people long gone. Love being surprised by an oldsong. 

The power of music if I don't want to go out but my missus does all she does is put the penguin prison remix version of lana del reys song blue jeans on and before she can say what about now I'm giving it the walking dance to the shower.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

The wife forcing my youngest out of his bedroom and making him do garden chores. Their incessant bickering as each try and enforce their will (the wife will win) is like a scene from Emmerdale Farm. 

53D55540-C9F4-4AE8-B25B-DF527B83B7EC.jpeg

Nice garden, do you have a country pile? 

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Nice garden, do you have a country pile? 

It’s down to the previous owner and the wife. Not a country pile but we do have a larger than average garden, for the house size, that has been lovingly developed over decades. It is very nice but it’s a lot of work. I take zero credit. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Souvenir by OMD came on the radio before its like a time machine song for me, as soon as the intro began I was mentally transported back to the 80s, childhood, my mum being young, the sun shining and the company of people long gone. Love being surprised by an oldsong. 

The power of music if I don't want to go out but my missus does all she does is put the penguin prison remix version of lana del reys song blue jeans on and before she can say what about now I'm giving it the walking dance to the shower.

Souvenir reminds me of girl I used to go out with at the time. Fit as fuck she was.

The bitch jibbed me.

Great song though.

35 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

It’s down to the previous owner and the wife. Not a country pile but we do have a larger than average garden, for the house size, that has been lovingly developed over decades. It is very nice but it’s a lot of work. I take zero credit. 

I can imagine it takes some looking after, looks great though. 

• Upvote 1

Went the post office on Tuesday and sent a letter recorded delivery for £4.05.  Fella behind the counter said he could send it guaranteed next day for an extra £3.60.  Took the chance, stuck with the £4.05 and it got there Wednesday anyway.

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How did it pan out last night with the car Bruce? 

All good.

My car is with the mechanics over the summer while I’m in the UK, so it’ll be sorted. 

His car is a total write off, he doesn’t have insurance, he tried blaming me, the police laughed at him, he now has no car and I couldn’t give a fuck.

In time to get home and watch the unmentionable, for better or worse…

• Upvote 1

On 21/05/2022 at 14:50, YorkshireRed said:

The wife forcing my youngest out of his bedroom and making him do garden chores. Their incessant bickering as each try and enforce their will (the wife will win) is like a scene from Emmerdale Farm. 

53D55540-C9F4-4AE8-B25B-DF527B83B7EC.jpeg

To someone from Norris Green, that would be a day out at the park. Looks lovely. Still wouldn't brighten my day though.

• Upvote 1

Happened across a cold sausage on a plate in the fridge. I reached for a slice of white bread, buttered it generously, added said sausage, gave it a decent amount of vinegar, placed some crinkle cut beetroot atop, folded, then consumed. 

It brightened my day.