You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

I have to have my driving licence reviewed on medical grounds every 3 years and they send you the required forms 3 months before your licence expires.

My licence was due to expire in September last year so I got the forms in June which were sent to the DVLA on the 16th. 

After much to-ing and fro-ing I finally got notice this morning that my licence was being renewed for a further 3 years from the date of expiry, 8 fucking months late.

It really has brightened my day though, it's such a relief and I'm chuffed, but, I know I'm going to have to go through the whole bloody rigmarole again in just 2 years.

Here's hoping the fuckers have sorted themselves out and got their act together by then.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Do you still play cricket Rico? My daughter and son in laws house is literally a Gary Sobers six away from Micklehurst Cricket Club. Do you know it?

No mate, gave up about 5 yrs ago.  Played footy around that area but never cricket. 

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Seth Armstrong at silly mid off and Matt Sugden out on the boundary looking for his herd.

Eddy Yates used to play in our league.  Before my time but Pat Phoenix had a pub right next to a ground in Buxsworth and he got roped in. 

Jimi Hendrix's army report.

"He plays a musical instrument and has let this interfere with his military duties in so much as missing bed check and not getting enough sleep, he has no interest whatsoever in the Army."

"Approximately one month ago...when he was found to be missing, Sp Mattox and Pvt Stroble began to look for him and later found him in the latrine masturbating."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

realising the folks over the road have no curtains in the front bedroom and the young lady is happy to parade round the room topless...

Sent from my iPhone on the Category A Sex Offenders wing of Belmarsh

• Upvote 1

Today I got up at 6.10 am in Copenhagen to catch a flight. Through a combination of no traffic, a relatively small and empty airport and super Danish efficiency, I was at the airport, checked in and through security by 7.10. An hour from bed to drinking coffee at the gate. In the UK this would be a 2 - 3 hour slog. 

15 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Today I got up at 6.10 am in Copenhagen to catch a flight. Through a combination of no traffic, a relatively small and empty airport and super Danish efficiency, I was at the airport, checked in and through security by 7.10. An hour from bed to drinking coffee at the gate. In the UK this would be a 2 - 3 hour slog. 

They make you get up early though.

17 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

The fiasco that is your kitchen bin must be nagging away at the back of your mind though