You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2021 at 17:31, Captain Willard said:

I’ve just noticed that the women behind her is wearing a floral calf length dress and a Marks and Spencer’s pink cardigan. Did they both get the same invitation? 

M&S will have been slagging her off all day whilst her husband is storing images in his wank bank. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's alright, nothing to really write home about.

Fuck knows what got me, maybe some unwashed veg, your body gets used to it apparently, a bit like 'Delhi belly'.

No fun though.

It's usually the water they use to wash them when you're abroad isn't it? 

I had a surf & turf in Egypt once. The fish was shrimp. Woke up the next morning and thought I was going to die. 12 hours of hell, I couldn't even have a sip of water without either projectile vomiting or shitting like a mad man (or both at the same time). Despite people telling me I must have had some salad, it was definitely the shrimp. That was about 2014 and my shits still haven't been the same since. 

• Upvote 1

Meeting someone in a service job who's helpful, friendly and for whom it seems a genuine vocation. 

Popped on the bus today, and first thing the driver does when he clocks my dog is to helpfully tell me someone else has one down the far end, just in case they don't get on. Then, a foreign student finds her ticket has expired, but he ushers her on anyway as the bus was only half full. At the end I ask if he knows when the bus returns, and he doles out the relevant info. Not a tut, moan or sigh to be heard, just a proper bus driver.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Thinking 'I'd love a cup of tea, but I'm too lazy' then having the eternal battle with apathy that is the curse of humans. 

Wrestles with self for five or so minutes before summoning up the energy to do it, I'm going to fucking do it!

Only to look at the table three feet from you, in your direct eye line to see a cup of tea you made about ten minutes back, forgot about and is at perfect drinking temprature.

Fuck you, world!

Today IS my day.

FCtqRbqWEAEwmEv?format=jpg&name=small

George Bell, 89, and wife Joyce, 87, went to hospital separately due to ill health. After being discharged they moved to a care home, but Covid restrictions meant they couldn't see each other for 100 days. Heartwarming images captured moment the couple of 66 years were reunited.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

FCtqRbqWEAEwmEv?format=jpg&name=small

George Bell, 89, and wife Joyce, 87, went to hospital separately due to ill health. After being discharged they moved to a care home, but Covid restrictions meant they couldn't see each other for 100 days. Heartwarming images captured moment the couple of 66 years were reunited.

Proper lump in throat stuff. Bless them.

Had a new lass I’d been speaking to over on the weekend, having told her I’d provide 90 of the most mediocre seconds of her life. Following morning pottering about making myself some breakfast, suddenly remember I’d been wearing my Fitbit. Move over Sting, there’s a new kid in town.

67720638-3AED-4772-99CA-01A97EE1D3A2.jpeg

As I said to her, ‘Under-promise and over-deliver, baby’.

She’ll not be returning any more calls.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Had a new lass I’d been speaking to over on the weekend, having told her I’d provide 90 of the most mediocre seconds of her life. Following morning pottering about making myself some breakfast, suddenly remember I’d been wearing my Fitbit. Move over Sting, there’s a new kid in town.

67720638-3AED-4772-99CA-01A97EE1D3A2.jpeg

As I said to her, ‘Under-promise and over-deliver, baby’.

She’ll not be returning any more calls.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! She'll remember you, when the west wind moves 

Shift got cancelled this morning, meaning I could get into the gym while it was quiet. 

I accepted an offer to go back on the cruise ships from January 1st til July 9th. They're sending me to Long Beach to join a ship that does voyages to Hawaii and Alaska. Gonna take at least 10 photos

• Upvote 3