You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She only wanted bread for a butty and your chewing her ear off! 

Haha. I even put a Madeira cake in the bag as well, oldies love a bit of Madeira. 

She left the door wide open for me too, didn’t know me from Adam. She did mention she recognised me and my little white dog walking down the road most days but it’s easy to see how older people get taken advantage of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Due to an unfortunate freezer being full situation and neither of us dozy cunts looking before we did a butchers order we're having a second roast in two days.

Glorious.

So, this became this...

C5A4AFF2-A0D5-4EBC-8844-1B8C2FA67AC5.jpeg

Port reduce shallot gravy, Parmesan and whole grain mustard oven baked mash, beef stock and time roast potatoes, candied carrots and celery, balsamic glazed mushrooms and beef cooked perfectly.

Now being washed down with this...

3F9DCA69-34E7-4F00-9246-AD83B6229F86.jpeg

A 13% imperial stout, before an ‘early night’ at the better half’s insistence. 

Glorious! 

I now await gout.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

So, this became this...

Port reduce shallot gravy, Parmesan and whole grain mustard oven baked mash, beef stock and time roast potatoes, candied carrots and celery, balsamic glazed mushrooms and beef cooked perfectly.

Glorious! 

I now await gout.

Just the job. 

12 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

So, this became this...

Glorious! 

I now await gout.

You're living your best life!

Get to facebook.

• Upvote 1

On 25/11/2019 at 21:36, paddyberger said:

I had a similar experience few weeks back. Old girl up the road from me was looking a bit confused and lost. She‘d missed her neighbour who she wanted to bring some bread in for her.

No problem, give me 20 mins and I’ll be back. I spent about an hour with her, just chatting with her about her family and her husband who’d passed. 89 years old, lovely old girl called Gloria Did exactly the same thing, broke down and said it just makes me cry when somebody does something nice for me. 

On the way out, she grabbed my hand and kissed it. Broke my heart I can tell you.

I pop in every now and then just to check in, she’s 90 on Monday so I’m going go up there with the kids and make a fuss of her.

You were so in there.

• Upvote 1

Some utter bell was sitting in his car parked on the street with both windows open blaring out the most hideous reggaeton you've ever heard. 

Old fella that, admittedly, looked like a latter day Gary Glitter

56984831_gary_glitt_350012c.jpg

knocks on the top of his car with his walking stick and shouts something loud enough that it could be heard above the music. Words to the effect of "cunt off you cunt before I cunt you in the cunt"

Aforementioned bellend sheepishly turns off the music, winds up his windows, and fucks off.