You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Mark Clattenburg trying to get a move to the Chinese League.......

Fucking hell

He's the Best Referee in the World, apparently.

mark-clattenburg-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4B

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/28/mark-clattenburg-named-best-referee-world/

Somebody has been fucking about here.  Clearly, someone who (rightly) finds the concept of this award repugnant has sabotaged the voting, so the trophy goes to a man who is too incompetent to be biased.  I always think of him as a dodgy pitch at a lower league ground: he's the great leveller and absolutely anything could happen when he takes charge of a game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/28/mark-clattenburg-named-best-referee-world/

Somebody has been fucking about here. Clearly, someone who (rightly) finds the concept of this award repugnant has sabotaged the voting, so the trophy goes to a man who is too incompetent to be biased. I always think of him as a dodgy pitch at a lower league ground: he's the great leveller and absolutely anything could happen when he takes charge of a game.

I think Michael Oliver is the best referee in the PL but I reckon the actual candidates for best ref in the world will be largely non English.

Somebody has been fucking about here. Clearly, someone who (rightly) finds the concept of this award repugnant has sabotaged the voting, so the trophy goes to a man who is too incompetent to be biased. I always think of him as a dodgy pitch at a lower league ground: he's the great leveller and absolutely anything could happen when he takes charge of a game.

They should jusy give that award to Collina even though he's retired, and then when he dies award it to him posthumously.

He was good enough to deserve it. The hills have eyes looking fucker.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a clip doing the rounds on Twitter of the old standing Kop in 94 singing "We love you Liverpool, we do"

It's great.  Loud, passionate and clear.  Fellas stood with their mates, there every week, paying on the turnstile, no jester hats, no hot dogs or pop corn, no club shop bags, no-one filming the singing on their phone, no-one waving frantically at the camera trying to get their 2 seconds of fame on sky.

Fuck off modern football, just fuck off. 

• Upvote 2

The only thing that's currently wrong with the FIFA World Cup is FIFA.

Quite a major problem that the only thing wrong with it is the whole thing.

Quite how a self serving organisation based in Switzerland managed to grab control of the worlds most widely played and followed sport escapes me, How difficult would it be to organise a World Cup  every 4 years without it turning into a shitfest of bribes, corruption and nepotism ?  Personally I would start with a reformed EUFA in conjunction with the South American association and organise a competition with all the main footballing nations, If , at the risk of sounding disparaging , any of the Mickey Mouse footballing countries wanted to join the party they could subject to them not expecting to wag the tail of the dog or get squillions in kick backs, No countries with repressive regimes and no massive disruptions to the domestic European season,  The whole thing to based in the EU and subject to proper scrutiny and taxes.  Oh and no way is it played in fucking Quatar.   

Quite how a self serving organisation based in Switzerland managed to grab control of the worlds most widely played and followed sport escapes me, How difficult would it be to organise a World Cup  every 4 years without it turning into a shitfest of bribes, corruption and nepotism ?  Personally I would start with a reformed EUFA in conjunction with the South American association and organise a competition with all the main footballing nations, If , at the risk of sounding disparaging , any of the Mickey Mouse footballing countries wanted to join the party they could subject to them not expecting to wag the tail of the dog or get squillions in kick backs, No countries with repressive regimes and no massive disruptions to the domestic European season,  The whole thing to based in the EU and subject to proper scrutiny and taxes.  Oh and no way is it played in fucking Quatar.   

So no England then?