You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Just saw this on the BBC website. It's a link to a Times article but the basic story just seems to some up the modern-day fan at places likes the Emirates.

Manchester United have decided against lodging a complaint over an incident at Emirates Stadium on Saturday in which a supporter threw red wine at the visiting team's bench during the Premier League match.

I despise the inanity of social media at the best of times; combine it with shit-thick millionaires who are deemed newsworthy and I just want to kill things.

Exhibit A - The "best" of Jose Enrique on Instagram

http://xtra.liverpoolfc.com/listicles/legoooo-jose-enrique-s-25-most-popular-posts-on-instagram-revealed

I was almost chucked out of the Champions League semi vs Chelsea when Riise headed his own goal (2008?) for standing. Now if I was on the front row or blocking some kids view I could understand, but I was on the back row of the lower Anny Road leant against a wall. In fact I was the only person stood up because the stewards had been telling everyone to sit down and people were following their instructions. From 100 yards away I could see two stewards pointing at me whilst talking on a radio and then two more appeared at the end of the row telling me to sit down. When I pointed out I was blocking nobodies view and that "it's the fucking European Cup Semi Final and you want me to sit down quietly instead of standing up and supporting the team?" one of them went "Right, you're getting out!"  I told him if he was going to throw me out then he'd better get help off his mates to throw out the 10,000 lads in The Kop who were standing to support their team too.  He never got me out, and Riise still scored that fucking own goal.

Stewards up their own arse on orange coat power.

Manchester United have decided against lodging a complaint over an incident at Emirates Stadium on Saturday in which a supporter threw red wine at the visiting team's bench during the Premier League matcMultiQuote

•  
  •  

The FA are also looking at an incident at the KC where a bottle of this was thrown at the home teams dug out

fat-bastard-shiraz-163x300.jpg

• rep_up.png
  •  
  • rep_down.png
  •  

Transfer gossip.  There used to be occasional rumours that would rise and fall - and some would possibly come true - but these days every cunt wastes everyone's time with utterly baseless bullshit (which, for some reason, a lot of people seem keen to pay attention to).

For example, here's a round-up of 49 players linked with LFC in November.  That's almost 2 different players a day, for a month in which the transfer window is shut.

http://xtra.liverpoolfc.com/listicles/7-new-updates-added-to-november-s-edition-of-transfer-tracker-49-players-in-total-now-linked

The money the players earn mean most of them just don't give a fuck.

" Yeah so what i'm trudging off the pitch soaking wet having hardly tried at all. You can moan all you want and go back to your two up two down terraced house and worry about having enough for a chippy. In an hour i'll be lay in my Jacuzzi getting my balls licked by a nuts model with the heating on full whack, sipping champagne and playing computer games on my 500 inch plasma telly and you just fucking paid for it. "

That is literally what I think everytime I see Johnsons fat fucking face

• Upvote 5

" Yeah so what i'm trudging off the pitch soaking wet having hardly tried at all. You can moan all you want and go back to your two up two down terraced house and worry about having enough for a chippy. In an hour i'll be lay in my Jacuzzi getting my balls licked by a nuts model with the heating on full whack, sipping champagne and playing computer games on my 500 inch plasma telly and you just fucking paid for it. "

The reason why I'm not really arsed when we lose a game of football. Yeah, winning's nice, but it's not the end of the world if we don't.

The Spurs game last night.  A company actually employing people to disrupt a match to promote the “Spurs Official Headphones” brand.  Fuck off.  Just as awful as that match report that contained the words “Man Utd official noodle partner”.  I know I’ve said that before, but it’s still fucking remarkable.  

Glen Johnson models for nuts?
  • Upvote 1

I was almost chucked out of the Champions League semi vs Chelsea when Riise headed his own goal (2008?) for standing. Now if I was on the front row or blocking some kids view I could understand, but I was on the back row of the lower Anny Road leant against a wall. In fact I was the only person stood up because the stewards had been telling everyone to sit down and people were following their instructions. From 100 yards away I could see two stewards pointing at me whilst talking on a radio and then two more appeared at the end of the row telling me to sit down. When I pointed out I was blocking nobodies view and that "it's the fucking European Cup Semi Final and you want me to sit down quietly instead of standing up and supporting the team?" one of them went "Right, you're getting out!" I told him if he was going to throw me out then he'd better get help off his mates to throw out the 10,000 lads in The Kop who were standing to support their team too. He never got me out, and Riise still scored that fucking own goal.

Stewards up their own arse on orange coat power.

How could you see anything standing up on the back row of lower anfield road?

The upper tier completely blocks any view if you even slightly move your head up from sitting position

I only watch Liverpool now and it has been that way for at least three years.

This year has been terrible so far because we are playing some awful turgid shite but I don't even think that is the reason for my malaise.

I think I used to like football. I remember when I got Sky tv I thought "Yeah, 24 hour football fuck you beeches" Now I can't fucking stand it. Martin Tyler and Alan Smith have completely ruined football for me, the cunts.

Fuck football. C'mon Liverpool for fuck's sake.

I still fall for that shite every Sunday. "Yesss, two premier league games followed by a big Spanish game, get in!"

By 5pm I feel like I'm wasting my life.

I only watch Liverpool now and it has been that way for at least three years.

This year has been terrible so far because we are playing some awful turgid shite but I don't even think that is the reason for my malaise.

I think I used to like football. I remember when I got Sky tv I thought "Yeah, 24 hour football fuck you beeches" Now I can't fucking stand it. Martin Tyler and Alan Smith have completely ruined football for me, the cunts.

Fuck football. C'mon Liverpool for fuck's sake.

Record everything, watch it on delay with the sound off and music turned on. Fast forward through all the 'injuries', half time, time-wasting and each match is only about 45 minutes long. Couldn't watch football if I had to sit through all the Sky bullocks and advertising.
  • Upvote 1

Record everything, watch it on delay with the sound off and music turned on. Fast forward through all the 'injuries', half time, time-wasting and each match is only about 45 minutes long. Couldn't watch football if I had to sit through all the Sky bullocks and advertising.

i did that for the entire world cup - it was great.

no FIFA pre-match shit, no half-time and no watching players rolling around in agony.

• Upvote 1