You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Half scarfs are something I hate about modern football..

Designed for tourists and one off match goers.

They are everywhere it seems..

Cup Final. I get it....

But when you see the likes of Blackburn wearing them for a FA Cup match.. It's like come the fuck on...

Guest Super Sub

Firmino will be wearing 11 and Milner 7 apparently

Should become clear tomorrow when the deals are officially announced and we start to get the shirt/scarf photos, "dream come true" interviews, obligatory medical photos etc

I have always wondered whether footballers medical school include the obligatory dropping your boxing shorts and doing a cough while a Percy old doctor has a ganders. I have always wondered what the purpose of this was? When I joined the navy I had this done to me and was of the opinion that it was to check to see if person who was joining was actually make not female as I have seen several films where females have posed as men.

Sorry for going off topic.

NME probably went the same way as Smash Hits.

I used to read my sisters smash hits. I still remember to this day an item farewelling a young member of staff who was leaving to see if he could make a go of it with his band.

That young lad was called Neil Tennant. And the band? A little known outfit called the Pet Shop Boys, ladies and gentlemen.

Funny the things that stick in your mind.

• Upvote 1

I used to read my sisters smash hits. I still remember to this day an item farewelling a young member of staff who was leaving to see if he could make a go of it with his band.

That young lad was called Neil Tennant. And the band? A little known outfit called the Pet Shop Boys, ladies and gentlemen.

Funny the things that stick in your mind.

Ayeeeee

Don't know if this fits in this thread, but I'll chance my arm anyway.

The Reds are coming over here to play Cork City this Saturday in some sort of friendly thing. Just wondering if the first team are back for preseason yet, or will it be all kids that are togging out?

Don't know if this fits in this thread, but I'll chance my arm anyway.

The Reds are coming over here to play Cork City this Saturday in some sort of friendly thing. Just wondering if the first team are back for preseason yet, or will it be all kids that are togging out?

I don't think it's listed as one of the pre-season fixtures so it's most likely to be the youngsters plus a smattering of first-team squad filler.

• Upvote 1

NME probably went the same way as Smash Hits.

Last time I saw it, it had turned into Smash Hits. It was small, glossy and full of pop stars. Smash Hits used to be funnier though.

I still remember them giving The Jesus And Mary Chain single of the week for Never Understand.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's listed as one of the pre-season fixtures so it's most likely to be the youngsters plus a smattering of first-team squad filler.

Nice one Trumo.

Tis the 6 year old's first game, so I'd imagine personnel won't be overly important to him. He'll be delighted just seeing the jerseys on the pitch!

Modern ticket sales.

Getting time of work for this mornings sale and their website crashes. Brilliant L.F.C. ticket office, again. Wankers!!!!

My mate has had a full Myers card for the last 3 or 4 years until last year when in the free for all stages it crashed twice and 5 games had sold out when he got back in. He was therefore 1 short of the 15 needed to get priority this year and there was no mention of a second tier for loyalty, so he jibbed the membership this year.

Then the second tier gets announced after it's too late, so now a lad that's been going almost every week since about 99/2000 isn't going any more, but that'll be 15-16 games a year that someone fresh can rustle their way onto the kop with their liverworld bag and half/half scarf.

No wonder the atmosphere is shite nowadays.

• Upvote 1

My mate has had a full Myers card for the last 3 or 4 years until last year when in the free for all stages it crashed twice and 5 games had sold out when he got back in. He was therefore 1 short of the 15 needed to get priority this year and there was no mention of a second tier for loyalty, so he jibbed the membership this year.

Then the second tier gets announced after it's too late, so now a lad that's been going almost every week since about 99/2000 isn't going any more, but that'll be 15-16 games a year that someone fresh can rustle their way onto the kop with their liverworld bag and half/half scarf.

No wonder the atmosphere is shite nowadays.

That's the thing , what happens next season? 16 needed? Just keep diluting the regular match goer who only buys his ticket and pints down the road and get in as many one game in a lifetime spending hundreds in the club shop merchants as possible.