You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Richard Keys is a disgusting cunt of a man but what really annoys me about the prick is that he thinks he is some kind of guru on football. Des Lynam, Bill O'Herlihy (here in Ireland), Ed Chamberlin, Dave Jones are football presenters. They ask questions to facilitate the experts to speak about the subject. They never considered themselves anything other than that. The former TV-am anchor however, he would eat his own shit. 

A pure cunt

• Upvote 12

Tbf, much like a stopped clock being correct twice a day, Keys is pretty accurate with this.

Agbonlahor is up there as one of, if not THE thickest twat on Talkshite, considering the line up, it’s a pretty impressive feat.

A truly average footballer who’s know stealing a living on the radio

9 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Not sure I’d agree with this to be honest. The atmosphere vs middle to low ranking teams is often appalling.

43F83B14-C559-4663-BF6B-EA788FFF63DF.jpeg

So... the cunts who, without exception, go through the same repertoire of shit chants about our atmosphere all agree that our atmosphere is the best?

Something doesn't add up.

6 hours ago, Razoray said:

Richard Keys is a disgusting cunt of a man but what really annoys me about the prick is that he thinks he is some kind of guru on football. Des Lynam, Bill O'Herlihy (here in Ireland), Ed Chamberlin, Dave Jones are football presenters. They ask questions to facilitate the experts to speak about the subject. They never considered themselves anything other than that. The former TV-am anchor however, he would eat his own shit. 

A pure cunt

Amazes me how he is even relevant. 

Worked for years at sky same as Tyler while channel 4 served us up James Richardson and Peter Brackley and got no credit

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dandyman said:

Tbf, much like a stopped clock being correct twice a day, Keys is pretty accurate with this.

Agbonlahor is up there as one of, if not THE thickest twat on Talkshite, considering the line up, it’s a pretty impressive feat.

A truly average footballer who’s know stealing a living on the radio

An “average” footballer and as thick as pig shit he may be, but he still made 322 Premier League appearances, which, to give the man his due, is a good achievement.

49 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

An “average” footballer and as thick as pig shit he may be, but he still made 322 Premier League appearances, which, to give the man his due, is a good achievement.

Very true. Nobody expects footballers to be intelligent either. Joey Barton's efforts are enough to stop most trying to be too.

This might be the year I jib it off. I have zero interest in the community shield and I just can't get excited about the season at all. 

I despise:

- commentators

- match officials making pathetically bad decisions

- opposition fan "banter"

- the blatant, unchecked cheating by those blue manc cunts

- the blind eye turned towards Newcastle's cunt owners, with any success being translated by the media into "a wonderful job that Howe is doing"

- sports radio show presenters

- the utterly fucking obscene money players earn and in the game generally while there are old people sitting on buses to keep warm because they can't afford their bills

- the abuse given to match officials by fans at every level of the game

- Gary bastarding Linekar earning £1.3m a year funded by the public

- Leeds fans

- fat middle aged men with beer guts wearing premier league football shirts

- fans trying desperately hard to make themselves relevant by creating non-existent "rivalries" with other clubs, usually Liverpool

- the utterly ridiculous overhyping of every single game "Get strapped in for what will be an incredible match, it's an in-form Southampton taking on a resurgent Crystal Palace"

-Vicki Sparks and Jaqui Oatley doing their best John Motson impressions

- betting companies 

- anything to do with fucking Ingurland 

- Sweet fucking Caroline 

- diving

- man city running radio adverts to sell tickets

- celebrity fans and their fucking nomark opinions on the game

- psg

- Barcelona

I can't even begin to come up with a list of positives to balance that lot so I think I'm out.

In all likelihood I'll get dragged back into it if we start with a winning run but right now I really hope I don't. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

This might be the year I jib it off. I have zero interest in the community shield and I just can't get excited about the season at all. 

I despise:

- commentators

- the blind eye turned towards Newcastle's cunt owners, with any success being translated by the media into "a wonderful job that Howe is doing"

- the utterly fucking obscene money players earn and in the game generally while there are old people sitting on buses to keep warm because they can't afford their bills

- Leeds fans

- fans trying desperately hard to make themselves relevant by creating non-existent "rivalries" with other clubs, usually Liverpool

- the utterly ridiculous overhyping of every single game "Get strapped in for what will be an incredible match, it's an in-form Southampton taking on a resurgent Crystal Palace"

- betting companies 

- Sweet fucking Caroline 

- diving

- psg

- Barcelona

I can't even begin to come up with a list of positives to balance that lot so I think I'm out.

In all likelihood I'll get dragged back into it if we start with a winning run but right now I really hope I don't. 

Dont let the bastard's wear you down, mate.

On 30/07/2022 at 13:46, Redder Lurtz said:

I despise:

- commentators

- Leeds fans

- betting companies 

- Sweet fucking Caroline 

- diving

- psg

- Barcelona

I feel very similar although VAR and the Summer World Cup would be high on my list and I could add an awful lot more to it too.

Top level Football is nothing more than a fucking circus these days.

On 30/07/2022 at 13:46, Redder Lurtz said:

I despise:

- commentators

- Leeds fans

- betting companies 

- Sweet fucking Caroline 

- diving

- psg

- Barcelona

Very much on the nail. For me it’s Jurgen and the players being good lads that keeps me interested. If we had players with a city/utd mindset I thinkI would be done.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Mook said:

I feel very similar although VAR and the Summer World Cup would be high on my list and I could add an awful lot more to it too.

Top level Football is nothing more than a fucking circus these days.

When Klopps gone and the champions league morphs into that ridiculous format they’re changing too, that’ll be it for me.  Modern football and it’s fans suck donkey dick.  There’s nothing good to say about it all.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Grinch said:

When Klopps gone and the champions league morphs into that ridiculous format they’re changing too, that’ll be it for me.  Modern football and it’s fans suck donkey dick.  There’s nothing good to say about it all.

Maybe we like donkey dick

21 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

One for this thread? 

0E2B1166-D37A-4B7B-9E41-34CAA2FE0416.jpeg

This isn't a shitness of modern football but modern life image. Guarantee if you looked at most family living rooms in the evenings this is the scene you'd see (not LFC players lounging around but all members of the family just on their phones/tablets etc)

• Upvote 1