You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

I read this morning that Mike Dean wants to be remembered as an entertainer. You were a ref Mike. How about being remembered for being a ref?

I think these refs all think they are somehow celebs, as they run round on the same pitch as the actual players.

At a push, I may remember John Moss, for being a severely overweight pudding, struggling to run around a pitch and keep up with elite athletes. As for the rest of you, just retire and be done with it. Inwont give you a second thought or remember you in anyway. Who does he think he is, Clive Thomas?

• Upvote 2

A Premier League player arrested on suspicion of rape has not been suspended and can "fulfil his professional commitments including permitted travel", his club have said.

The man in his twenties, who has not been named, was arrested in London on 4 July over an alleged attack in June.

He was then further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape in 2021 against another woman and has been bailed until August.

On 15/10/2020 at 08:31, TheHowieLama said:

Arsenal's German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 31, turned down the chance to leave the Gunners and earn £200,000 per week in the Saudi Professional League earlier this month. 

On 27/12/2020 at 20:06, TheHowieLama said:

Been awhile:

Arsenal have offered German playmaker Mesut Ozil, 32, to Juventus on a six-month loan and would subsidise his wages to help make the deal happen.

On 13/08/2020 at 07:34, TheHowieLama said:

The old Ozil

Arsenal midfielder Ozil has said he will stay with the club "through to the last day" of his contract next June.

"Things have been difficult but I love Arsenal," he told the Athletic. "I'll decide when I go, not other people."

Despite Arteta and his first-team players accepting a 12.5% pay cut in April, Arsenal announced they plan to make 55 staff redundant because of the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

Ozil opted against a pay cut because the players were "rushed" and believes "possibly the decision affected my chances on the pitch".

Mesut Ozil has joined Istanbul Basaksehir after his contract with fellow Turkish side Fenerbahce was terminated by mutual consent.

Basaksehir say the 33-year-old playmaker has signed a one-year deal with the option of a further 12 months.

Ozil joined Fenerbahce on a free transfer in January 2021 and was contracted to them until 2024.

But German Ozil had not played for his boyhood club since he was "excluded" from the squad in March.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

It never ceases to amaze me that this cunt still has the balls to talk about football, let alone get paid to do so. 

He’s still a hairy handed gent, run amok in Kent.