Jump to content
Redder Lurtz

The shitness of modern football

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

For fuck’s sake. When did they start calling it that?

 

 

Dunno mate but I follow Liverpool on Facebook and that's what they posted,  done it a few times 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Baltar said:

Is it really necessary to have a token bird on every football show? Even on the BBC full time show, you got 2 female presenters. Just seems so forced and frankly, out of place.

What if the "token bird" is more knowledgeable and coherent than a lot of the male pundits?

 

Imagine taking a look at the shitshow of almost every aspect on the telly and thinking "you know what I hate? Birds on the telly!"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What if the "token bird" is more knowledgeable and coherent than a lot of the male pundits?

 

Imagine taking a look at the shitshow of almost every aspect on the telly and thinking "you know what I hate? Birds on the telly!"

From my limited watching time it seems they aren't any better than the clowns they already have. I'd rather they binned them all regardless of gender but it wont happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What if the "token bird" is more knowledgeable and coherent than a lot of the male pundits?

They're not. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What if the "token bird" is more knowledgeable and coherent than a lot of the male pundits?

 

Imagine taking a look at the shitshow of almost every aspect on the telly and thinking "you know what I hate? Birds on the telly!"

To clarify, I don't mind them as presenters, it's more of the punditry that's the issue. I expect the experts that are babbling on to have at least played the game at the level they're commenting on. That's never going to be the case with female pundits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm not sure if she is a pundit and I'm I'm obviously biased but kelly always comes across as very clued up.

That's because she's not a token gesture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, m0e said:

That's because she's not a token gesture.

I'm not saying she is, but why wouldn't you consider her as one, given your general opinion on the subject? 

 

It wouldn't get more token than a woman who is the daughter of an influential person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm not saying she is, but why wouldn't you consider her as one, given your general opinion on the subject? 

 

It wouldn't get more token than a woman who is the daughter of an influential person.

Because she's not token, and she's not a pundit.

 

She's a presenter. I never had a problem with Gabby Yorath or a whole host of other female presenters.

 

I am not interested in anything any of the female pundits they've put on have to say, and that's open to change at any time.

 

It's the same for the majority of the men, but at least they're men I've watched play at highest level.

 

That's surely the minimum requirement if you have nothing insightful to say.

 

I have a problem with Richards and Jenas too, because they offer nothing more than Keane, Souness, Shearer, Wright, Carragher, Neville, Barnes and loads of other players who have actually won things and played regulartly at every level and on every stage.

 

If insightful, I couldn't give a toss what gender, breed or sexuality you are or what planet your from. Let's hear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are loads of pundits/commentators I despise number one being Alison Mitchell on Test Match Special and on the telly too. Interviewing players like their her team mates “ Broady, Jimmy, Stoaksey” oh fuck off.

 

Any other commentater, “ keeping a disciplined line here Stoakes making the batsmen play and looking for a mistake “

Mitchell “ yeah Stoaksey is looking for a mistake from the batsman by keeping a good line”


Fuck off! 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In truth, I tend to swerve most of them, except the post-match analysis on MOTD, occasional bits of Soccer Saturday and the co-commentators on a live match. I think, for the most part, they're more or less equally capable of stringing a sentence together and saying things like "he needs to hit the space behind the defenders". I don't think a person's gender or even their playing experience is a good indicator of how well or badly they can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

In truth, I tend to swerve most of them, except the post-match analysis on MOTD, occasional bits of Soccer Saturday and the co-commentators on a live match. I think, for the most part, they're more or less equally capable of stringing a sentence together and saying things like "he needs to hit the space behind the defenders". I don't think a person's gender or even their playing experience is a good indicator of how well or badly they can do that.

Most in here could do it probably, boils my piss how thick some of them are on the telly. Merson, Richards, Cole, Genius/ Jenas and a load of others who were totally crap players too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not arsed about what gender the pundits/co-commentators are or what level they played the game at. What I find annoying is when they resort to the every-pass/tackle/block/save/shot-must-hit-the-mark standard of opinion. Even the greatest sides ever didn't get everything 100% right.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I'm not arsed about what gender the pundits/co-commentators are or what level they played the game at. What I find annoying is when they resort to the every-pass/tackle/block/save/shot-must-hit-the-mark standard of opinion. Even the greatest sides ever didn't get everything 100% right.

The truth is that 99% of the stuff that happens on a football pitch doesn't require any comment or explanation; but these people have to keep talking to justify their jobs.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The truth is that 99% of the stuff that happens on a football pitch doesn't require any comment or explanation; but these people have to keep talking to justify their jobs.

 

snoop-dogg-true-that.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×