You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

51 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Having to wait for VAR to check the keeper’s foot was on the line after a penalty save that wins a shootout. 

When there are two officials within yards of it, one of which has no other job but to look at the keeper on the line.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

When there are two officials within yards of it, one of which has no other job but to look at the keeper on the line.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. It’s even worse than players / managers covering their mouths as though they’re a part of an espionage unit.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. It’s even worse than players / managers covering their mouths as though they’re a part of an espionage unit.

Yeah, that’s fucking it infuriating. There could be a slight, very very slight argument to make if it’s talking tactics, but these ones walking off catching up with their mates and doing it can fuck off. Self important whoppers.

Also, the constant looking at themselves on the stadium big screens. Fucking hell

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Having to wait for VAR to check the keeper’s foot was on the line after a penalty save that wins a shootout. 

That was shit last night. Instead of just being able to enjoy the moment, he has to wait to be given the all clear. The sooner var is sacked the better. But perhaps one for the var thread. 

PARTEY CHANGES ARSENAL NUMBER

Thomas Partey will wear the No 5 shirt for Arsenal in the upcoming season, changing from the No 18 he wore following his arrival from Atletico Madrid in October.

Talking about the switch, Partey said: “I like the No 5 because it's one of the most important numbers in the team and it is also a lucky number for me. It's the number I've worn for the past few years, so for me it's one of the best numbers."

c3142039f90520e652a7ee91adcd2e84.gif

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’ve said it before, but it’s especially pertinent today; people who support Messi or Ronaldo (or any individual player) ahead of a club.

Especially considering one is an arse rapist

Might be late to the party with this news but, the head of the European Club Association who will now 'negotiate' a 'revised' FFP with UEFA, is none other than the PSG chairman, or whatever his role is, Al Khelaifi.

Yeah, that's going to go well, isnt it? Might as well give city, PSG, chelsea and any other people looking to buy up clubs a blank cheque and do as they please.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Might be late to the party with this news but, the head of the European Club Association who will now 'negotiate' a 'revised' FFP with UEFA, is none other than the PSG chairman, or whatever his role is, Al Khelaifi.

Yeah, that's going to go well, isnt it? Might as well give city, PSG, chelsea and any other people looking to buy up clubs a blank cheque and do as they please.

Hello Mr Fox.

Welcome to your new role as head of security for all the Hen Houses of the world...

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The dont even hide their corruption any more.

• 3 weeks later...

“I don’t know what more I need to do in this shirt for the fans to respect Neymar,” he said after the win in Recife. He was also criticised after Brazil’s 1-0 win over Chile last week, with some fans saying he looked overweight. Neymar lifted his shirt to show his abdomen and made plain his irritation in a pitch-side interview.'

How about not refering to yourself in the third person you self absorbed bellend?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

“I don’t know what more I need to do in this shirt for the fans to respect Neymar,” he said after the win in Recife. He was also criticised after Brazil’s 1-0 win over Chile last week, with some fans saying he looked overweight. Neymar lifted his shirt to show his abdomen and made plain his irritation in a pitch-side interview.'

How about not refering to yourself in the third person you self absorbed bellend?

Jimmy Hill’s Chin agrees

• 2 weeks later...

Premier League to resume on Boxing Day 2022 after World Cup

The Premier League has agreed to break during next season after the weekend of November 12 to incorporate the Qatar 2022 World Cup, before resuming fixtures on Boxing Day, Sly Sports News understands.

Players will have only a week of preparation with their national teams before heading  out to the tournament in the Middle East, and only eight days to recover for the resumption of the league should they reach the final on December 18th.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12414519/premier-league-to-resume-on-boxing-day-2022-after-break-for-qatar-world-cup-from-november-13

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Premier League to resume on Boxing Day 2022 after World Cup

The Premier League has agreed to break during next season after the weekend of November 12 to incorporate the Qatar 2022 World Cup, before resuming fixtures on Boxing Day, Sly Sports News understands.

Players will have only a week of preparation with their national teams before heading  out to the tournament in the Middle East, and only eight days to recover for the resumption of the league should they reach the final on December 18th.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12414519/premier-league-to-resume-on-boxing-day-2022-after-break-for-qatar-world-cup-from-november-13

That's one huge unflushable turd for football.

• Upvote 2