Quantcast
The shitness of modern football - Page 179 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Redder Lurtz

The shitness of modern football

5 hours ago, Caramac said:

Years ago I can remember listening to a podcast comparing Irish football coverage compared to England’s. 

I can’t for the life of me remember who it was that said it but his point was “Ireland’s most read newspaper is The Times, England’s is the s*n”. 

6 hours ago, Caramac said:

Can you imagine Lineker and Shearer having that conversation.  What a fucking shower of shit we have spoon feeding us utter bollocks dressed up as punditry and insight. 

• Upvote 1

On 19/08/2020 at 09:40, VladimirIlyich said:

Wow! An absolutely spot on assessment. Well done that man.

That man is a former professional footballer (Richie Sadlier).

They don't have to be ignorant about and indifferent to things that matter.

8 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

That man is a former professional footballer (Richie Sadlier).

They don't have to be ignorant about and indifferent to things that matter.

They dont have to be but generally are.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The biggest upset of the new season - Ozil not been mentioned on this thread.

He's been keeping an eye on it. 

When were the laws of the game amended to make manhandling opponents legal? Pulling at an opponent should be a free kick or penalty even if the player doesn't go to ground. It's football not fucking rugby
A foul is a foul. Idiot commentators "not bad enough....." Bollocks.

Kits these days are abysmal. 

Liverpool wearing blue.

Chelsea wearing red.

A joke. It's simple - red at home, white away. Fuck off the third kits. And bollocks to the "warm up" shirts as well.

• Upvote 1

On 02/08/2020 at 16:33, Pete said:

Sky have a transfer window countdown. I l know they normally do this, but this one currently shows 64 days.  

And the clock has a split-second counter on it.

Sky are such wankers.

On 25/09/2020 at 09:26, TheHowieLama said:

The biggest upset of the new season - Ozil not been mentioned on this thread.

Arsenal's German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 31, turned down the chance to leave the Gunners and earn £200,000 per week in the Saudi Professional League earlier this month. 

20 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Arsenal's German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 31, turned down the chance to leave the Gunners and earn £200,000 per week in the Saudi Professional League earlier this month. 

Arsenal got rid of the costumed mascot the other week. Give this wanker the job, it's the only way he'll get on the pitch.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Feeding Ozil 3 months comes as the same price as Arsenal's share in the proposed PL "save the football" offer to the EFL.

41 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Arsenal got rid of the costumed mascot the other week. Give this wanker the job, it's the only way he'll get on the pitch.

Ha! To be fair to Ozil, he did offer to pay the mascots wages.

"I was so sad that Jerry Quy aka our famous & loyal mascot @Gunnersaurus and integral part of our club was being made redundant after 27 years. As such, I’m offering to reimburse @Arsenal with the full salary of our big green guy as long as I will be an Arsenal player...

This ad just popped up while i was browsing the web, any truth to the £figures quoted for the UK? Does it honestly cost you lot 4 figures to watch us play?

Screenshot_20201017-143803~2.png

4 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

This ad just popped up while i was browsing the web, any truth to the £figures quoted for the UK? Does it honestly cost you lot 4 figures to watch us play?

Screenshot_20201017-143803~2.png

If you're paying £66 a month for Sky Sports, you're doing something wrong, and I think BT is £20/ month if taken without BT broadband. No one in practice is ever going to buy all the PPV games, not least because some of them will be on at the same time. It's a complete rip-off of course, but that's exaggerated.