Quantcast
The shitness of modern football - Page 168 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Redder Lurtz

The shitness of modern football

Didn't the team have to play Arsenal about 4 times in the FA Cup that season too? If social media was around back then, what would fans say about the number of games and the need to rest players?

8 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Didn't the team have to play Arsenal about 4 times in the FA Cup that season too? If social media was around back then, what would fans say about the number of games and the need to rest players?

Yeah, I was laid up in hospital with a dislocated hip whilst that marathon of games against Arsenal went on. The cunts won the third replay 1-0. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

What was wrong with this one, a ball for all weathers

B7Gt2GUCAAA1bdu.jpg

The players didnt like it because of the band around the circumference and the two red hexagons. They said when it was in the air and spinning it made it's flight hard to judge. Having seen it used mainly in FL Cup finals, I agree with them. It was horrid.

32 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The players didnt like it because of the band around the circumference and the two red hexagons. They said when it was in the air and spinning it made it's flight hard to judge. Having seen it used mainly in FL Cup finals, I agree with them. It was horrid.

It was used in all league games for a couple of seasons. 

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, I was laid up in hospital with a dislocated hip whilst that marathon of games against Arsenal went on. The cunts won the third replay 1-0. 

I went to the Villa Park one 1-1 , absolute nightmare on the motorway and was nearly half-time before I got in. Never went to the eventual losing game ( Coventry's ground ? )

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I went to the Villa Park one 1-1 , absolute nightmare on the motorway and was nearly half-time before I got in. Never went to the eventual losing game ( Coventry's ground ? )

Yeah, Highfield Road at the time. I was on traction due to the dislocation and some cunt banged into the weights that evening. Not a great night in all honesty. The good old days when you had to rely on the radio. 

19 hours ago, Trumo said:

This and the Euro Cup goal are probably my two favourite Kenny goals....Remember going completely bat shit crazy when he equalised with the last kick of the game....Proper semi-finals were these but what's sad is that this great great side never got to play in a FA Cup final, we should have done the double in 79 and 80

Best away kit as well

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Stickman said:

This and the Euro Cup goal are probably my two favourite Kenny goals....Remember going completely bat shit crazy when he equalised with the last kick of the game....Proper semi-finals were these but what's sad is that this great great side never got to play in a FA Cup final, we should have done the double in 79 and 80

Best away kit as well

Bloody Paisley, concentrating on winning the league and European cup all the time.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49920019

Quite funny those two going Goodison because Liverpool were not at home though.

It must kill them to say the word Liverpool when they talk about the city. Anderson the blues merchandise seller,any relation to chippy tits?

7 - Of current teams within the top four tiers of English league football, only Liverpool (1) and Manchester City (6) have lost fewer league games (excl. playoffs) than Sunderland (7) since Jack Ross was appointed ahead of 2018-19. Dismissed.

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

7 - Of current teams within the top four tiers of English league football, only Liverpool (1) and Manchester City (6) have lost fewer league games (excl. playoffs) than Sunderland (7) since Jack Ross was appointed ahead of 2018-19. Dismissed.

New Bloos manager? Or will he be willing to take a step down?