Quantcast
The shitness of modern football - Page 166 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Redder Lurtz

The shitness of modern football

On 08/09/2019 at 13:00, cloggypop said:

ED8JKbhW4AYcZ0I?format=jpg&name=small

He is going for the Eddie Murphy in Trading Places look. Fair play to him its a great film.

It might be foolish to think that Ozil could or will be a regular starter at some point this season. In all reality, he hasn’t been that for several years now. But as a creative substitute who is carefully inserted into certain fixtures, used sparingly throughout the season, and is introduced when chasing games late on, he can still be useful. And seeing as he is at Arsenal and they are paying him £350,000 per week, they may as well use him.

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It might be foolish to think that Ozil could or will be a regular starter at some point this season. In all reality, he hasn’t been that for several years now. But as a creative substitute who is carefully inserted into certain fixtures, used sparingly throughout the season, and is introduced when chasing games late on, he can still be useful. And seeing as he is at Arsenal and they are paying him £350,000 per week, they may as well use him.

I hope them gangsters get him seeing as he is clearly one himself. 

Yes, I know, sorry about the origin of the story but got it via BBC:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7449411/Ex-Liverpool-owner-George-Gilletts-son-Foster-bid-buy-Derby-County.html

Ex-Liverpool owner George Gillett's son Foster in bid to buy Derby County

Is junior the supposed prophylactic to keep George out of the spotlight? Fit and proper bollocks.

A Bus driver ask me about the England game down here the other night , I said I couldn’t give a fuck just hoping no injuries to any of the Liverpool players, he then asked me how long I’d been supporting Liverpool , a bit bemused I said all my life on which he replied I’ve been supporting them for about 13 years now, he was about 30 years old.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, easytoslip said:

A Bus driver ask me about the England game down here the other night , I said I couldn’t give a fuck just hoping no injuries to any of the Liverpool players, he then asked me how long I’d been supporting Liverpool , a bit bemused I said all my life on which he replied I’ve been supporting them for about 13 years now, he was about 30 years old.

The true shitness of the modern game summed up.

Rent-a-Gobshites in high profile positions talking about matters that are nothing to do with them. Case in point: Javier Tebas the president of La Liga talking about potential transfers to and from English clubs. In some cases, those clubs have to make an announcement to various stock exchanges first because they are listed or part-listed. Yet you have this guy blurting out shit like he's a journalist for Spanish sports rags like Marca, As or El Mundo Deportivo.

13 hours ago, easytoslip said:

To be fair he may have not been from a football-supporting family or friends background , but won over by Istanbul.

I’m always confused when people describe themselves as a life long supporter, I’d always assume that was a given. Do people really change fucking teams?

19 minutes ago, sir roger said:

To be fair he may have not been from a football-supporting family or friends background , but won over by Istanbul.

Maybe but I still don’t get it  as he was obviously old enough to have been supporting some team in his teens , I don’t know.

23 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I’m always confused when people describe themselves as a life long supporter, I’d always assume that was a given. Do people really change fucking teams?

I’m a life long supporter  , I don’t see the confusion, always will be as long as I’m permitted on the planet. People must change teams which is confusing, no second teams either apart from the old saying the reserves. I can’t see how it’s possible to change teams do you take down your posters and sling the programmes you had when a kid? It’s an odd one , I think it’s good to see lifelong fans of say a team from the lower leagues or Conference etc when featured in the FA Cup , ones that have been going for years despite lack of success or top flight teams for that matter. 

It could be down to the instant success and gratification that people want these days , who knows.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

There's a Polish woman* in work who has been in the UK since 2004 and follows the Reds for no better reason than we had a Polish goalie. Whatever it takes.

*Fit. Obvs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've just seen the first 5 minutes of MOTDx. 

I hate young people and all who try to appeal to them.

Cunts need their bollocks kicking up into their mouths.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

There's a Polish woman* in work who has been in the UK since 2004 and follows the Reds for no better reason than we had a Polish goalie. Whatever it takes.

*Fit. Obvs.

zdjęcia lub or GTFO 

• Upvote 2

The mancs releasing a "this is my home" video to announce an existing player extending his contract because he couldn't find another club to pay him 350k per week. 

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The shitness is paying £50 for a piece of cloth which probably costs about a tenner to manufacture.

I doubt it costs anywhere near £10.

• Upvote 2