You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Fucking computer games being covered by a sports website and the games governing body sponsoring the whole fucking thing.

"Jean-Francois Pathy, Fifa's director or marketing services, said: "The Fifa eWorld Cup Grand Final 2018 provided an outstanding opportunity to drive forward the professionalisation of competitive Fifa gaming.

"This year's landmark event has experienced advanced levels of growth and has played a key role in engaging new players, fans and audiences on both digital and traditional platforms.

"As the wider ecosystem continues to develop, Fifa gaming is playing a key role in encouraging more young people and the wider public around the world to play football - either virtually or in person.""

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45081668

What a load of fucking bollocks.

• Upvote 3

Football socks are increasingly becoming the most useless bit of kit on a football pitch. Some players need tape to keep their shinpads up. Some players need tape to stop their socks from sliding down. Some players roll their socks above their knees to act as knee supports. Some players cut the feet off their socks and wear tennis socks because they provide better grip inside the boot. Some players cut holes in the back of their socks to reduce the tension on their calves and minimise muscle injuries.

Sock anger shocker

Transfer news all being bullshit.

There was a time you could look for transfer news and there'd mostly be some semblance of truth to it.

Now you Google Liverpool FC transfers or whatever and it's Daily Express headlines of something like 'did Klopp just drop a HUGE Gareth Bale hint?'

Fuck off.

• Upvote 4

There was a time you could look for transfer news and there'd mostly be some semblance of truth to it.

Now you Google Liverpool FC transfers or whatever and it's Daily Express headlines of something like 'did Klopp just drop a HUGE Gareth Bale hint?'

Fuck off.

There are loads of people in the transfer threads who see any vague rumour and think 'done deal'. Maybe they are simply arl cunts who remember the days when news of a transfer was only reported when it was a done deal, and are stuck in that mindset. Or maybe they are just hysterical fannies.

Fuck off.

What did he say? I'm excited for today, I've got my yellow tie on in homage to the Sky circus, I mean informative news programme.
  • Upvote 1

Journalists and pundits who say Liverpool must win this and that because we’ve finally spent a few quid, completely ignoring the financial doping of two teams, and another club managed by a humongous cunt who has outspent Klopp by a massive amount in a similar timeframe. Also ignoring that most of our recent spending has been financed by player sales, some of whom would make us an even better team. Shitehawks the lot I f them.

• Upvote 1

Journalists and pundits who say Liverpool must win this and that because we’ve finally spent a few quid, completely ignoring the financial doping of two teams, and another club managed by a humongous cunt who has outspent Klopp by a massive amount in a similar timeframe. Also ignoring that most of our recent spending has been financed by player sales, some of whom would make us an even better team. Shitehawks the lot I f them.

Pretty much everyone of them is a two bit hack who just try to engineer drama where there is none, same goes for the pundits. 

Not even worth giving them the attention they want.

Quality bit of fixture planning in November.

Any given matchday, something like 15,000 fans go through Queen Square and St John's Lane - y'know, just around the corner from the Cenotaph on St George's Plateau - to get to Anfield.

Now, you might imagine that in the centenary year of the end of the Great War - and especially with the 11th November falling on a Sunday - just about every town and city in the country will have a bigger than usual commemoration at their Cenotaph.  Even without checking, you might make that reasonable assumption.

And with that in mind, you might think it's a fucking stupid idea to move Liverpool's home game that weekend to 12.00 on the Sunday.

But if you think that way.... Fuck you.  BT, the Premier League and the clubs know where the money is, so everyone else can fuck off.

Fuck off.

Newsnow is an absolute cesspit for it and the Express is the worst of all. There is no limit to the shite they'll put out there to try and get clicks.

Newsnow is an absolute cesspit for it and the Express is the worst of all. There is no limit to the shite they'll put out there to try and get clicks.

Do these clicks have a financial incentive for newspapers and websites etc? The more clicks,more money? If so I can understand why they do it. Another way would be to produce well written and well researched journalism but that's much too difficult.

Do these clicks have a financial incentive for newspapers and websites etc? The more clicks,more money? If so I can understand why they do it. Another way would be to produce well written and well researched journalism but that's much too difficult.

Helps with ad revenue and I assume google page ratings.

Just out of interest, why are you putting that in the shitness of modern football thread?

To me, that’s a nice looking football, and the design of footballs has been a part of the game for me since I was a kid, so this is just a picture of a nice ball as far as o am concerned.

Blue!!!???

We should boycott the Champions League this year.

Seriously though, imagine Everton somehow got in one year and the ball was red. Fumeageddon

Isn't the Champions League imagery predominantly blue?

34928722_2078264555553329_27884909855988

Just out of interest, why are you putting that in the shitness of modern football thread?

To me, that’s a nice looking football, and the design of footballs has been a part of the game for me since I was a kid, so this is just a picture of a nice ball as far as o am concerned.

Footballs are either white or Black and White Hexagon panels. Nothing else counts.

Footballs are either white or Black and White Hexagon panels. Nothing else counts.

Yellow footballs in the snow? The famous red and white football I think made by Mitre.

You still have time to edit your post but get in quick.

Yellow footballs in the snow? The famous red and white football I think made by Mitre.

You still have time to edit your post but get in quick.

Nope,they don't count as real footballs as they are for emergency situations only. A bit like the bucket of whitewash the used to keep handy at the Baseball Ground.

You like pictures of nice balls.