You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

There's loads of tales like that from the lower leagues, like Chester City and Darlington. I don't know what it is about teams in the lower leagues that attracts such investors like flies on shit.

Yep, you are right, when you think on it United were almost bought by a charlatan!

Lots of 'local' businessmen seem to be crooked as fuck judging by their behaviour in football.

Add in Oyston who pocketed all the Premier League money for himself!

This is a great thread on Doncaster Rovers - not so much 'modern football is shit' but, more football could always be shit. 

https://twitter.com/vivarovers/status/968267981850636288

Cracking read that. Love the fact the ex sas arsonist left his phone at the scene but not before leaving a message confirming job done on Richardson answering machine

Stoger refuses to use protest as 'cheap excuse' as 27,000 Dortmund fans boycott Monday game

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/stoger-refuses-to-use-protest-as-cheap-excuse-as-27000/p5528v1d8elq1pi5joth0iu8d

English football fans 'clients', says Borussia Dortmund chief Hans-Joachim Watzk

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43235571

"Watzke expects Germany's experiment with Monday night fixtures to be scrapped following fan protests...."

English football fans 'clients', says Borussia Dortmund chief Hans-Joachim Watzk

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43235571

"Watzke expects Germany's experiment with Monday night fixtures to be scrapped following fan protests...."

Seeing as the majority of Bundesliga clubs endorsed that tv deal he might find his expectations do not meet the reality.

This does not sound good if proven.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/03/02/exclusive-liverpool-football-clubs-young-players-investigated/

wo of Liverpool Football Club’s youth players are under investigation allegedly for sexually harassing female teachers and young girls at the school they attend.

Rainhill High School in Merseyside has launched an inquiry into both rising stars of the Premier League club following allegations about inappropriate sexual comments and behaviour. Whistleblowers told The Daily Telegraph how staff and pupils had complained about the conduct of the club’s young players but that the school management had been slow to act.

In one case, it was claimed that the Liverpool players acted in a sexually intimidating manner toward a group of 11-year-old girls during their sports lesson, parading around with shirts off and trousers undone. It was alleged they were shouting and swearing.

In another instance, one player 
allegedly sexually harassed a female teacher. The school was made aware of both these cases after staff made formal complaints.

A source close to the school told The Daily Telegraph: “They are really big, well-built lads and they have been intimidating staff and pupils, making sexualised comments aimed at them, and jeering.

“A lot of people feel that the behaviour is out of control. It has really escalated. We have been told that the club is taking it seriously.”

TELEMMGLPICT000153865149_trans_NvBQzQNjv
England midfielder Raheem Sterling was educated at Rainhill High School Credit: OLI SCARFF

The source told how the Liverpool youth players had also been responsible for “horrendous” vandalism.

“There is a lot of anti-social behaviour: kicking balls at windows and smashing them, kicking balls at children,” they said.

The school is the nominated place for players enrolled at Liverpool Football Club’s academy.

Another source said that “the lads do whatever they want” while the school’s management “turns a blind eye”. They added: “The attitude is that ‘boys will be boys’.”

The source told how they witnessed two of the club’s young players shouting crude sexual comments at a female student. “The incident was reported but nothing was done,” they said.

Staff wrote to Ofsted, the schools inspectorate, to alert them about their concerns, and that triggered inquiries from the local council about safeguarding, The Telegraph understands.

TELEMMGLPICT000151287189_trans_NvBQzQNjv
Premier League footballer Jordon Ibe went to Rainhill High School Credit: JOHN SIBLEY

A spokesman for Ofsted said it could not comment on individual cases, but added that it brought any concerns, relating to safeguarding or allegations of abuse, to the attention of the local authority social services and the police.

The school was last inspected in 2014 when it was ranked “good”, with inspectors noting that “the curriculum provides some outstanding opportunities for students’ spiritual, moral social and cultural development and prepares them well for life in modern Britain”.

Inspectors said that “safeguarding, particularly of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged students, is strong”, adding that all statutory requirements were met by the school.

A spokesman for Liverpool FC said: “We are aware Rainhill High School is currently looking into complaints made against two of their pupils who are also young players at Liverpool.

“The club will allow the school to conclude its own inquiries in the first instance before considering their findings.

“Until the school completes its own process, the club will not be making any further comment.”

A St Helens council spokesperson said: “The council can confirm that no investigations are currently being carried out at Rainhill High School in relation to safeguarding concerns.”

Rainhill High School did not respond to requests for comment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/03/02/exclusive-liverpool-football-clubs-young-players-investigated/

wo of Liverpool Football Club’s youth players are under investigation allegedly for sexually harassing female teachers and young girls at the school they attend.

Rainhill High School in Merseyside has launched an inquiry into both rising stars of the Premier League club following allegations about inappropriate sexual comments and behaviour. Whistleblowers told The Daily Telegraph how staff and pupils had complained about the conduct of the club’s young players but that the school management had been slow to act.

In one case, it was claimed that the Liverpool players acted in a sexually intimidating manner toward a group of 11-year-old girls during their sports lesson, parading around with shirts off and trousers undone. It was alleged they were shouting and swearing.

allegedly sexually harassed a female teacher. The school was made aware of both these cases after staff made formal complaints.

A source close to the school told The Daily Telegraph: “They are really big, well-built lads and they have been intimidating staff and pupils, making sexualised comments aimed at them, and jeering.

“A lot of people feel that the behaviour is out of control. It has really escalated. We have been told that the club is taking it seriously.”

TELEMMGLPICT000153865149_trans_NvBQzQNjv England midfielder Raheem Sterling was educated at Rainhill High School Credit: OLI SCARFF

The source told how the Liverpool youth players had also been responsible for “horrendous” vandalism.

“There is a lot of anti-social behaviour: kicking balls at windows and smashing them, kicking balls at children,” they said.

The school is the nominated place for players enrolled at Liverpool Football Club’s academy.

Another source said that “the lads do whatever they want” while the school’s management “turns a blind eye”. They added: “The attitude is that ‘boys will be boys’.”

The source told how they witnessed two of the club’s young players shouting crude sexual comments at a female student. “The incident was reported but nothing was done,” they said.

Staff wrote to Ofsted, the schools inspectorate, to alert them about their concerns, and that triggered inquiries from the local council about safeguarding, The Telegraph understands.

TELEMMGLPICT000151287189_trans_NvBQzQNjv Premier League footballer Jordon Ibe went to Rainhill High School Credit: JOHN SIBLEY

A spokesman for Ofsted said it could not comment on individual cases, but added that it brought any concerns, relating to safeguarding or allegations of abuse, to the attention of the local authority social services and the police.

The school was last inspected in 2014 when it was ranked “good”, with inspectors noting that “the curriculum provides some outstanding opportunities for students’ spiritual, moral social and cultural development and prepares them well for life in modern Britain”.

Inspectors said that “safeguarding, particularly of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged students, is strong”, adding that all statutory requirements were met by the school.

A spokesman for Liverpool FC said: “We are aware Rainhill High School is currently looking into complaints made against two of their pupils who are also young players at Liverpool.

“The club will allow the school to conclude its own inquiries in the first instance before considering their findings.

“Until the school completes its own process, the club will not be making any further comment.”

A St Helens council spokesperson said: “The council can confirm that no investigations are currently being carried out at Rainhill High School in relation to safeguarding concerns.”

Personally, while I agree with you it doesn't look good if true, I think it is pretty low of the telegraph to run this story, when I assume all people involved, accused and alleged victims are minors. They haven't even waited for the outcome of the school investigation, let alone if there's anything legally for these kids to answer or indeed if they've actually done anything wrong. I thought the telegraph was supposed to be a quality paper and it is basically running with no more than school gossip. A cross somewhere between the s*n and St Helens reporter.

Personally, while I agree with you it doesn't look good if true, I think it is pretty low of the telegraph to run this story, when I assume all people involved, accused and alleged victims are minors. They haven't even waited for the outcome of the school investigation, let alone if there's anything legally for these kids to answer or indeed if they've actually done anything wrong. I thought the telegraph was supposed to be a quality paper and it is basically running with no more than school gossip. A cross somewhere between the s*n and St Helens reporter.

This.

The allegations need to be investigated thoroughly and sensitively: all parties are still children. Instead, the paper is leading with pictures of Sterling and Ibe as if it's a bit of celeb goss.

wo of Liverpool Football Club’s youth players are under investigation allegedly for sexually harassing female teachers and young girls at the school they attend.

TELEMMGLPICT000153865149_trans_NvBQzQNjv

England midfielder Raheem Sterling was educated at Rainhill High School Credit: OLI SCARFF

TELEMMGLPICT000151287189_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Premier League footballer Jordon Ibe went to Rainhill High School Credit: JOHN SIBLEY

How is this shitness of modern football? Sexual harassment didnt exist in the ‘good auld days’?

We really need a steer from Hades on this. Should we be more incensed by the antics of the  sensationalist exploitative dirty pig-dog capitalist media, or should we take to the streets over the causal misogyny/sexual harassment/bullying endemic in our society?

How is this shitness of modern football? Sexual harassment didnt exist in the ‘good auld days’?

It was the fact there could be a potential harashment case on the heels of the false accusations against Bobby and there was not an existing thread to put it in. Neither did I think it appropriate to start a newthread specifically for it. Open your bloody eyes will you instead of being so blinkered.

It was the fact there could be a potential harashment case on the heels of the false accusations against Bobby and there was not an existing thread to put it in. Neither did I think it appropriate to start a newthread specifically for it. Open your bloody eyes will you instead of being so blinkered.

It’s not exclusive to modern football is it dockers_strike?

It’s not exclusive to modern football is it dockers_strike?

I am actually very angry at your comments. You seriously think I think harashment in football is something new or exclusive to football. Are you actually bloody serious. My post was not insinuating harassment was in anyway the shitness of modern football. It was the fact that 2 young LFC players had been alleged to have acted in such a manner especially after the false bobby allegations. You should have the decency to apologise for getting this so wrong but I know you will not. Utter disgraceful comments by you. I have been involved with trade unionism all my life fighting for equality and fair treatment of people and you post that shit on an internet forum.

I am actually very angry at your comments. You seriously think I think harashment in football is something new or exclusive to football. Are you actually bloody serious. My post was not insinuating harassment was in anyway the shitness of modern football. It was the fact that 2 young LFC players had been alleged to have acted in such a manner especially after the false bobby allegations. You should have the decency to apologise for getting this so wrong but I know you will not. Utter disgraceful comments by you. I have been involved with trade unionism all my life fighting for equality and fair treatment of people and you post that shit on an internet forum.

Why? I was only querying whether this was the right thread for your article. ‘Digraceful’ is a bit much I think. Also keep it in this thread please, I’m not the best with PMs.

What a load of shit you spout. So the allegation should be ignored despite being plastered over a newspaper?

No,I simply won't give any oxygen of publicity to a story without foundation from a newspaper. While the torygraph is supposed to be one of the more upstanding ones I still don't trust them with these types of stories without corroboration.

Talk about getting offended over nothing.

• Upvote 1