You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

That boy in the corner of the Kenny Dalglish stand and the Anny Road end taking videos/photos of every corner kick on his phone annoyed me more than he should have tonight.

Watch the game, support the team, no one wants to see your fucking videos, mate.

13 minutes ago, J-V said:

Seperate time keeper that stops the clock for all this time wasting and adds the correct time at the end of each half is needed and it'll stop straight away.

I suspect TV is the reason it hasn’t and will never happen - the possibility of league games running 10+ minutes extra each half would fuck with the schedule. 

11 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Gone to a new level with these obviously feigned head injuries.

When that twat went down after the ball clipped his head the ref should have stood over him and gone "I've stopped me watch, lie there as long as you want all you're doing is making yourself look like a complete cunt" in-fact the refs should ay that everytime someones taking the piss. 

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Gone to a new level with these obviously feigned head injuries.

Yeah it's getting out of hand - becoming a really big issue as it is becoming increasingly widespread....something needs doing.

Some sort of punishment when a player goes down claiming a head injury to stop game and it isn't.

3 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I suspect TV is the reason it hasn’t and will never happen - the possibility of league games running 10+ minutes extra each half would fuck with the schedule. 

It happens when games go to extra time and penalties. It would just mean they have less time to waffle on after the game.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Some sort of punishment when a player goes down claiming a head injury to stop game and it isn't.

How easy is it to prove though?

It's sad because it was brought in as a way to deal with serious head injuries, yet it is constantly being exploited.

19 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

How easy is it to prove though?

It's sad because it was brought in as a way to deal with serious head injuries, yet it is constantly being exploited.

It is a tough one to prove....i admit that, but there has to be a way - because as you say it is being exploited more and more.

Something that was brought in to be progressive and help safeguard players is being exploited for shithousery/cheating.

I'd use VAR personally and where it is blindingly obvious there is no head injury/contact to head then there is punishment.

Tricky i know - but has to be something done....players deliberately getting game stopped over this is getting out of hand and will continue to get worse if left.

I read elsewhere recently someone suggest that you go down claiming a head injury then you have to leave pitch for 5 mins or so.....not sure of practical, but could stop the feigning it....

14 hours ago, J-V said:

Seperate time keeper that stops the clock for all this time wasting and adds the correct time at the end of each half is needed and it'll stop straight away.

This, it’s so simple. When the ball is not in play the clock stops. No trying to work out which is time wasting and which is genuine and absolutely no benefit from acting like a bellend. The can alter the rules in all kind of different (and shit) ways but can’t bring something in so simple which will eradicate a big problem immediately. Head injuries will also not be used as an excuse then and genuine cases can be seen to without people believing there’s an ulterior motive.

it would probably never get implemented though as half the teams in the league would immediately see their game plans go out the window.

Having the clock stopped each time the ball goes out will just lead to full backs and keepers taking more time as if its stopped they may as well take their breather and take a min for each goal kick or throw in. Our rhythm will be in tatters and our intensity will be useless. What's needed is a clock that gives 10 seconds for each throw I'm and 15 for each goal kick. That keeps the game flowing and takes the referees personal uselessness out of the equation.