You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

I feel like I should neg you for bringing that to my attention, Mook.

I decided to neg myself in the face for not negging you immediately as punishment to myself. 

I just can’t get my head around those numbers when people are struggling to feed themselves and heat their homes. 

How thoroughly depressing. 

• Upvote 1

On 03/04/2022 at 20:34, TheBitch said:

I feel like I should neg you for bringing that to my attention, Mook.

I decided to neg myself in the face for not negging you immediately as punishment to myself. 

I just can’t get my head around those numbers when people are struggling to feed themselves and heat their homes. 

How thoroughly depressing. 

If ever there was proof how fucked society and football are then that is it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

It's not really, Madrid are at a point where they need to start building a new long term team, they're signing lots of good young players to add to the good young players they already signed and will have to start phasing out some of the older guard.

Ancelotti is only going to stick around another year or two at a push and with lots of clubs looking for long term appointments it makes sense for Madrid to get in and do the same while they can (don't thing Poch is the answer for Madrid or Utd mind).

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

That can fuck off, Jurgen will be livid, he's down the tunnel like a whippet when the half time whistle goes.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/premier-league-clubs-to-vote-on-halftime-interviews-with-managers-20220418

Load of shite, it's just for tv viewers. Bin it off before it starts.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

This kind of performative fan culture bullshit that has spawned from the popularity of likes of AFTV and The United Stand.

I keep waiting for this bloke to have a coronary live on cam.  Gets so annoyed.  

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Player of the Year and Goal of the Season before the season's finished. 

I’ll add to that the FA Cup final being played the week before the end of the season. We’re now in a position where the final fortnight stands to be so ridiculous that, if we’re looking good for the league title, rotating heavily for the final is going to be more or less essential.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I actually dont think that's too bad. I'd have one off semi finals at least now that the away goal has been scrapped. It's fast becoming an elite Euro league anyway,and it's shit.

In one city.

Neutral grounds for Champions league semi finals.