You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The truth is that 99% of the stuff that happens on a football pitch doesn't require any comment or explanation; but these people have to keep talking to justify their jobs.

The lot of them should have listened to one of the greats.  

“He taught me try and not to state the obvious, try to use as fewer words as possible to describe a situation, let it breathe and give people at home the silence to take things in”. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, m0e said:

Because she's not token, and she's not a pundit.

She's a presenter. I never had a problem with Gabby Yorath or a whole host of other female presenters.

I am not interested in anything any of the female pundits they've put on have to say, and that's open to change at any time.

It's the same for the majority of the men, but at least they're men I've watched play at highest level.

That's surely the minimum requirement if you have nothing insightful to say.

I have a problem with Richards and Jenas too, because they offer nothing more than Keane, Souness, Shearer, Wright, Carragher, Neville, Barnes and loads of other players who have actually won things and played regulartly at every level and on every stage.

If insightful, I couldn't give a toss what gender, breed or sexuality you are or what planet your from. Let's hear it.

I dont mind jenas tbh.

He used to be on 5 live and was asked once what the difference between klopp was and the goblin and he almost snorted

Richards is just a piss take.

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

What I find annoying is when they resort to the every-pass/tackle/block/save/shot-must-hit-the-mark standard of opinion. Even the greatest sides ever didn't get everything 100% right.

Quite amusing the way Andy Hinchcliffe ( 22 goals in a 16 year career ) turns into Gerd Muller during his commentaries.

• Upvote 1

Time-wasting

I was under the impression that referees were the only ones who could stop the game and only for a head injury. Against wolves, they were screaming at our players to put the ball out a number of times when players were "hurt" especially when that one rolled back onto the pitch in the second half. 

We should just fuck it off until the ref has stopped play. Once a few more goes fly in when players are pointing at the touchline, or a player rolling about in faux agony, the antics would stop. 

Up the play to the whistle reds. 

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Time-wasting

I was under the impression that referees were the only ones who could stop the game and only for a head injury. Against wolves, they were screaming at our players to put the ball out a number of times when players were "hurt" especially when that one rolled back onto the pitch in the second half. 

We should just fuck it off until the ref has stopped play. Once a few more goes fly in when players are pointing at the touchline, or a player rolling about in faux agony, the antics would stop. 

Eggsactly. It's not a serious injury if a cheating cunt is rolling around like a weeble.

5 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Time-wasting

This. The oppo players know the ref should only stop play for a head injury or clear, serious issue.

So now, to try and break up play, especially when they have lost possession, they do all this pointing to the touchline and suggesting the attacking team put the ball out of play. All the more bizarre when the Wolves player who tangled with Sadio was clearly off the pitch then crawled back on.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Is there a shitter stat than "expected goals"?

Yes. Expected goal difference. The variation between the clearly shit expected goals for, and the so shit nobody even mentions it expected goals against.

• 3 weeks later...

I win. This thread can now be closed.

Man City have genuinely advertised this job

Strategy and Ventures-Metaverse | Manchester City Football Club | LinkedIn

"City Football Group is currently recruiting for exciting opportunities within our Strategy and Ventures team, supporting in the identification and development of growth opportunities within the Metaverse.

We are looking for candidates motivated to join our uniquely local yet global system which promotes an inclusive and winning culture.

You will share our passion for innovation, motivated to explore new and progressive areas of business development such as NFT's.

You will have a creative mindset with a hunger to learn, the ability to adapt in a fast paced, everchanging environment whilst demonstrating an understanding to deliver on our goals and visions across the Metaverse."

Everyone involved deserves to get bad AIDS.

At the Forest-Arsenal game forest fans invading pitch and celebrating with players after the goal. One tulip's sole focus was to get a selfie on the pitch with all the players celebrating behind him. You clearly see it on the MOTD highlights. Shitness of modern football indeed.

6 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

At the Forest-Arsenal game forest fans invading pitch and celebrating with players after the goal. One tulip's sole focus was to get a selfie on the pitch with all the players celebrating behind him. You clearly see it on the MOTD highlights. Shitness of modern football indeed.

Not much different to twats who let their kids invade the pitch to get a selfie or shirt from one of the players. The same dickheads who make those lame banners begging for a shirt which will prompty get flogged on eBay for stupid money.

8 hours ago, redheart said:

I win. This thread can now be closed.

Man City have genuinely advertised this job

Strategy and Ventures-Metaverse | Manchester City Football Club | LinkedIn

"City Football Group is currently recruiting for exciting opportunities within our Strategy and Ventures team, supporting in the identification and development of growth opportunities within the Metaverse.

We are looking for candidates motivated to join our uniquely local yet global system which promotes an inclusive and winning culture.

You will share our passion for innovation, motivated to explore new and progressive areas of business development such as NFT's.

You will have a creative mindset with a hunger to learn, the ability to adapt in a fast paced, everchanging environment whilst demonstrating an understanding to deliver on our goals and visions across the Metaverse."

Everyone involved deserves to get bad AIDS.

I'd go for that job and prompty flood their 'Metaverse' with people from the LGBTQ+ community. Then watch how the claim of inclusivity pans out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/carabao-cup-final-ticket-selling-details

Allocation: 32,999

Prices

Category 1 – £100 (adult) / £75 (young adult) / £50 (concessions)

Category 2 – £90 (adult) / £67.50 (young adult) / £45 (concessions)

Category 3 – £72 (adult) / £54 (young adult) / £36 (concessions)

Category 4 – £56 (adult) / £42 (young adult) / £28 (concessions)

Category 5 – £40 (adult) / £30 (young adult) / £20 (concessions)                                          

Premium seats located on Level 2 are also available priced as follows:

£150 (adult) / £112.50 (young adult) / £75 (concessions)

£125 (adult) / £93.75 (young adult) / £62.50 (concessions)

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Way of the world , Kevin , mate whatsapp'd me asking if I fancied a ticket for Elvis Costello at the Phil , and they were all 70 quiddish for a bog standard gig for a guy who comes around most years.

You might not want to go to Chelsea but maybe Kevin does. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Kevin D said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/carabao-cup-final-ticket-selling-details

Allocation: 32,999

Prices

Category 1 – £100 (adult) / £75 (young adult) / £50 (concessions)

Category 2 – £90 (adult) / £67.50 (young adult) / £45 (concessions)

Category 3 – £72 (adult) / £54 (young adult) / £36 (concessions)

Category 4 – £56 (adult) / £42 (young adult) / £28 (concessions)

Category 5 – £40 (adult) / £30 (young adult) / £20 (concessions)                                          

Premium seats located on Level 2 are also available priced as follows:

£150 (adult) / £112.50 (young adult) / £75 (concessions)

£125 (adult) / £93.75 (young adult) / £62.50 (concessions)

Reseller sites already selling Final tickets. Cunts. 

19BD6475-57E1-4EC0-9CB7-87FF30336DF5.jpeg

12 hours ago, navbasi said:

Reseller sites already selling Final tickets. Cunts. 

19BD6475-57E1-4EC0-9CB7-87FF30336DF5.jpeg

Fucking hell, 'I have a discount code'?? Bunch of twats, probably the touts who have loads of phones on them at the turnstiles and are subscribed to the Auto Ticket scheme. Half expect one of their gullible buyers to be sat in my seat for a league game. Nearly 600 sheets for a 50 quid Wembley ticket?!