You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

5 hours ago, Caramac said:

Years ago I can remember listening to a podcast comparing Irish football coverage compared to England’s. 

I can’t for the life of me remember who it was that said it but his point was “Ireland’s most read newspaper is The Times, England’s is the s*n”. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Arsenal's German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 31, turned down the chance to leave the Gunners and earn £200,000 per week in the Saudi Professional League earlier this month. 

Arsenal got rid of the costumed mascot the other week. Give this wanker the job, it's the only way he'll get on the pitch.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Arsenal's German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 31, turned down the chance to leave the Gunners and earn £200,000 per week in the Saudi Professional League earlier this month. 

Feeding Ozil 3 months comes as the same price as Arsenal's share in the proposed PL "save the football" offer to the EFL.

41 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Arsenal got rid of the costumed mascot the other week. Give this wanker the job, it's the only way he'll get on the pitch.

Ha! To be fair to Ozil, he did offer to pay the mascots wages.

"I was so sad that Jerry Quy aka our famous & loyal mascot @Gunnersaurus and integral part of our club was being made redundant after 27 years. As such, I’m offering to reimburse @Arsenal with the full salary of our big green guy as long as I will be an Arsenal player...

4 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

This ad just popped up while i was browsing the web, any truth to the £figures quoted for the UK? Does it honestly cost you lot 4 figures to watch us play?

Screenshot_20201017-143803~2.png

If you're paying £66 a month for Sky Sports, you're doing something wrong, and I think BT is £20/ month if taken without BT broadband. No one in practice is ever going to buy all the PPV games, not least because some of them will be on at the same time. It's a complete rip-off of course, but that's exaggerated.

• 2 weeks later...

I know all things change but tomorrow will be the last day of training at Melwood a place that has seen some incredible football history .

A bit like the it the boot room it was the birthplace under Shankly of Liverpool’s football philosophy that went on to rule Europe 

EmJjw0JW0AAaRCn?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

I know all things change but tomorrow will be the last day of training at Melwood a place that has seen some incredible football history .

A bit like the it the boot room it was the birthplace under Shankly of Liverpool’s football philosophy that went on to rule Europe 

EmJjw0JW0AAaRCn?format=jpg&name=900x900

Well Im not renaming my house to Kirkby Training Centre so Melwood lives on!

• Upvote 2